Question to RossMan, Brad and other mods

jipy

I was wondering, how do you support the costs for this site? With so much traffic near the BF days, the costs for the server and bandwidth must be making a big hole in your pockets... I wont mind if you include a small banner from Google or something on top of the website or if you wish, you can have a way for user donation through PayPal or something...

Anyway, once again, thanks for the great website and thanks for keeping it alive..

cheers,

I must second that. You guys have a great site here and you keep it up to date very well. Must be tough with whatever you guys do in the REAL world. To be able to update this site and constantly moderate things all the while through whatever it is you do to make a living, along with working through thankgiving, and maybe even missing out on those BF deals just so you can be here to moderate. That's impressive.

Once again, kudos and many thanks for everythingon this great site! Keep up the great job long past thanksgiving and hope to see everyone back next year! :wub::holiday12

I must second that. You guys have a great site here and you keep it up to date very well. Must be tough with whatever you guys do in the REAL world. To be able to update this site and constantly moderate things all the while through whatever it is you do to make a living, along with working through thankgiving, and maybe even missing out on those BF deals just so you can be here to moderate. That's impressive.

Once again, kudos and many thanks for everythingon this great site! Keep up the great job long past thanksgiving and hope to see everyone back next year! :wub::holiday12

For me, sites like this is what I do to make a living. I have quite a few other sites that I run.

Like Aaron said, we get a small commission for most items purchased online using the links on the site, so if there are BF deals online and anyone here orders them, we get a few cents out of each dollar. That's why we don't have ads - they are distracting and we don't need them. There are no ads on the main GD site or this forum all year round, so we're not going to start now, lol

On the main gottadeal.com website I see some ads for savings accounts, credit cards, etc. Do those companies/banks pay for their offers to be listed?

I believe that when people sign up, GottaDeal makes an amount for people signing up via our website.

For me, sites like this is what I do to make a living. I have quite a few other sites that I run.

Like Aaron said, we get a small commission for most items purchased online using the links on the site, so if there are BF deals online and anyone here orders them, we get a few cents out of each dollar. That's why we don't have ads - they are distracting and we don't need them. There are no ads on the main GD site or this forum all year round, so we're not going to start now, lol

that's great:g_thumble :g_thumble :g_thumble

I believe that when people sign up, GottaDeal makes an amount for people signing up via our website.

Correct. We don't take $ just to have things posted - that would be the same as advertising. The way it is now, people have to order something/sign up for whatver we post in order for us to receive any commission, which makes us work harder to find the best deals to post. Cause if we post deals that aren't hot, nobody orders and the site goes bye bye :P

So when we click on the links to the items for sale, it links back to Gotta Deal? I will have to remember that, I did not realize that.

For some stores, yes. Ordering through those links costs you nothing extra, but it helps us out a lot, and with 3 servers (and hopefully we wont need more before BF), this month's hosting bill is in the 4-figure range.

wow. well thank you even more, I will definitely buy all the deals straight from these links. It was so cool this morning, quite a few people just got a listing of the Wal-Mart ad. I told them I've been looking at the AD for awhile now on gottadeal. Everyone was so excited about this site. I had to tell at least 20 people. Sertiously, thanks for all you do, me, and my bank account, are very appreciative!

Brad, Ross, and Aaron, does that mean if i use the links in the lists when I purchase items online, this site will profit? If so, I plan to do alot of shopping online next week since we don't have many stores here, so I will use the links. And again guys, thanks for all you do!!!

Brad, Ross, and Aaron, does that mean if i use the links in the lists when I purchase items online, this site will profit? If so, I plan to do alot of shopping online next week since we don't have many stores here, so I will use the links. And again guys, thanks for all you do!!!

Exactly. Many of the stores where we've linked items we have partnerships with (and many more not listed as well). We don't want anyone buying things just to buy them because you want to help. But if you are looking to get some of the items checked off your list early, then by all means we'd be happy to order through the links on the site :)

There are several stores that I would like to buy from on BF but we do not have those stores in our area. I was planning to buy online the items that will be available online that I want. Therefore, no problem, instead of going to the stores site directly, I will just link from here since I seem to have this site up all of the time anyway. Glad it's going to help both of us!lol

Hey Brad... I noticed the cingular was one of your "partner" sites. If I pay my bill online (which I always do) by linking through your site, will you get a little cha-ching? I would be happy to do that. It's the least I could do to help out!

June

Hey Brad... I noticed the cingular was one of your "partner" sites. If I pay my bill online (which I always do) by linking through your site, will you get a little cha-ching? I would be happy to do that. It's the least I could do to help out!

June

Nope, only for new phone or plan purchases.

Clicking our links or paying your bills does nothing but increase our bandwidth costs. I'd suggest going directly to Cingular's web site to pay your bills :)

Nope, only for new phone or plan purchases.

Clicking our links or paying your bills does nothing but increase our bandwidth costs. I'd suggest going directly to Cingular's web site to pay your bills :)

What other things cause more pain than gain?

How can we help you get more for your buck?