BF BB in Columbus OH?

pebbles

Hi Everyone. I'm new here and have never done the BF shopping deal before, but thought I would give it a try this year for the Toshiba laptop. Is anyone here from Columbus and know what time people start getting in line in this area at Best Buy?

Thanks

i am from cincinnati,ohio but sorry cant help you as i will be shopping for the first time myself ... but after talking to so many people , the lines start at 1am here in ohio...so you can decide on which store and prioritize your shopping list accordingly...

I live in a Columbus suburb. I don't do the big box stores but always see massive lines outside Circuit City and Best Buy on BF. They always show the hardy souls on the news Thanksgiving night w/sleeping bags and tents. Which BB are you considering?

Im in Canton, and from what BF regulars have told me, there are a lot of early bird shoppers. They have no fear waiting in line by midnight or earlier at BB. I would go by midnight and worst case you will just sit in your car until people start pulling in. Just make sure you rush up in line!

im going to walmart on tuttle! I went to BB last year and was there an hour early and i was back by where Toy Warehouse used to be, so i would assume 3amish..and once u are in the store...lines wrapped around the entire store...good luck!!

Is the tuttle Walmart a superstore! I can't remember if it's open 24hrs. I'll be at Polaris.

no its not a supercenter...as for the 24 hours...i dont know..every so often they open 24 hours for christmas..but i dont think for thanksgiving. It is a line store. or a camp-out store. rumors are they will eventually expand it to a supercenter (which makes sense since there is no grocer there), but they were focusing more on Marysville's supercenter...which will open in FEBRUARY!!! and its HUGE! and very fancy. Marysville has one of the most profitable regular walmarts in the US. i work on the other side of that city...thank golly! lol

i love polaris..everything but toysrus and a kmart..get those two and we'll have everything there...oh wait..kb toys..forgot they left the mall

I was considering the Best Buy off of Tuttle Crossing

I went to the Tuttle Crossing store 3 years in a row, though I skipped last year since nothing was particularly compelling (wasn't last year the whole $15 rebate / $100 spent fiasco?).

I consistently arrived there each year at 3:30 AM +/- 10 minutes. My line position ranged from about #6 to #14 over those years. The first year they did not hand out the coupons in advance. All subsequent years they did. In every case, my line position was good enough to get what I came for.

Some will always stay up all night to be certain, but in my experience it hasn't been necessary.

Don

Note to all Columbus residents here!!

Do not get your hopes up for the doorbusters. For the past 2 years, the Best Buys in the central Ohio area have abandoned the doorbusters and offered a ridiculous gift card offer instead (i.e. $15 GC for every $100 spent before 12 noon). This includes the Tuttle Crossing location, the Polaris location, the Morse location, and others. They may change this year, but right now I would say to not get your hopes up with these. I was very excited about a digital camcorder last year as a doorbuster but then found out on Thanksgiving, when I actually got my local newspaper and saw that the front page of the ad did not have the doorbusters on it, that I was out of luck.

-Mark-

Note to all Columbus residents here!!

Do not get your hopes up for the doorbusters. For the past 2 years, the Best Buys in the central Ohio area have abandoned the doorbusters and offered a ridiculous gift card offer instead (i.e. $15 GC for every $100 spent before 12 noon). This includes the Tuttle Crossing location, the Polaris location, the Morse location, and others. They may change this year, but right now I would say to not get your hopes up with these. I was very excited about a digital camcorder last year as a doorbuster but then found out on Thanksgiving, when I actually got my local newspaper and saw that the front page of the ad did not have the doorbusters on it, that I was out of luck.

-Mark-

this is because ohio sued them

Thanks for the replies! :)

I actually live in Marysville and am looking forward to the new Walmart opening. I didn't realize however that it was one of the most profitable Walmarts in the US!! Wow!

Home Depot grand opening is Thursday at 7am! they are having a new neighbor event Wednesday (tonight) from 6-9...chance to win a $100 GC!

central ohio is a gem for shopping...Best buy knows that...

i really dont know why they do it...and if it was from the lawsuit...who knows...lol

also the reward zone membership is free for central ohioans too..we dont have to pay the 10 dollar annual fee

Yeah...that Reward Zone thing kind of bugged me because I had already paid for my membership, and then I just got switched to the "free" version of the program, meaning I now need to spend $100 more ($250 instead of $150) to get a $5 certificate. However, I noticed that you get to choose one category of items (i.e. games, movies) that you always get double points on. So what we've done is we had every member of our family join for free and we each chose a different category. That way, when I want to buy a game or two, I'll use the account that gets double points on games. When I want to buy some movies, I'll use the account that gets double points on movies. So it actually works out being a little better than the pay-for membership if I do it all perfectly.

-Mark-

why did the central ohio best buy get sued?

Hmm, where do I begin?

- Lying to people about what you get with their replacement plans

- Not honoring their own return policy

- Selling previously opened merchandise as "new"

- Adding the 8 free issues of Sports Illustrated, etc, without the customer's consent

- False advertising in prices in ads (i.e. saying an item is $100 after rebate, when the rebate was a gift card)

- Failing to honor legitimite coupons

...just to name a few things.

-Mark-