coming from Canada with a question

kiwi2121

I was thinking about heading to the USA to do some shopping this weekend. I know Friday is when all the major sales are , but can someone tell me if its still worth it to go there on Sat.?? Will there still be sales on the stuff?? or will everything be picked over? I am not looking for any big items/electronics, mostly toys/clothes.

thanks

My sister and I come from Canada (shop in Port Huron). We now stay over on the Thursday since it is best to be there first thing. I book vacation for the Thursday and Friday. The deals are worth it - especially on clothing, toys etc. We have crossed over on BF at 4 am as well which was OK but got tired out faster after spending 2 hours in the car. I find lines extremely long but have never run into people begin rude or overly aggressive.

Guest Deals4Me
Theres one lady on here who's canadian that comes down...she's awesome...Maybe I have an IM from her or can track her post down...

Guest Deals4Me

:FROM A PRIVATE IM, MAYBE THIS WILL HELP YOU!:

When travelling to the US, Canadians are limited on what we can spend south of the border tax and duty free. If you're out for 24 hours you're allowed $50 Canadian, 48 hours $200 and 7 days nets ya $750!! If you go over these amounts you end up paying tax (and sometimes duties) on your goods, so in my province it's another 15%. So it's gotta be a REALLY good deal for me to buy! As well once you've been out for 48 hours that means you can also import alcohol and tobacco( 1 carton of cigs), 1 -40 oz bottle off hard stuff or 24 cans/bottles of beer or 53 oz of wine!

Can't wait to see those ads!

Cara

Canadians

Black Friday too!

This is from Cara, like I said above...Maybe this will help!

The other thing I failed to mention was that you need to get the Thanksgiving Day paper (Thursday's) as all of the flyers have extra coupons for BF primiarly I think (not sure about Saturday) - e.g. 20% off, Younkers had a $10 off coupon on any item over $10 etc. That is what makes it different than the typical big sales in Canada. First BF I went to I had never looked at ads etc and saw everyone in check out line with these coupons getting even better savings. That is why we go down on Thursday so we can go through flyers, clip coupons, figure out where to go etc.