bf fake ad thought

happytreefriends

have you ever thought that maybe one year a company will print up a fake ad and send it to stores to be "leaked" to dupe the competition into changing there ads, or not changing them because they beleive the ads ar legitimate, then on the day the ads come out, bam! the ad is totally different and the competition as well as ppl who thought ahead are cought off guard totally?

There is one simple reason I don't think retailers will do that:

We are free advertising for them! I think I"ve said this before on hear somewhere, if I were CEO of a major BF retailer I'd probably leak the ad myself. What better way to get the word out, get everyone excited and ready to go. Looks to me like it would be an awful lot of trouble to make up a fake ad. That's just gonna pi$$ their customers off and they wouldn't want that.;)

Guest all2tired
But if the printer messed up and printed a ton of the fake ads that accidentally got put into the newspapers, then the stores would HAVE to honor them and heads would probably roll. Not that I'd care mind you LOL

But if the printer messed up and printed a ton of the fake ads that accidentally got put into the newspapers, then the stores would HAVE to honor them and heads would probably roll. Not that I'd care mind you LOL

I think most ads say Not responsible for typographical errors.

The main reason would be the cost of producing a fake ad. Even the cost of paying the graphic designers would probably not be worth it - let alone actually printing something. That would not be cost effective at all.

Agree, it cost our dinky town alot of money just to print a weekly paper for our town, I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would cost for a major company. Also they can't do a fake ad for that would be false advertisement and the company could be fined alot of money. It wouldn't be worth it.

The cost and possible confusion would be horrible for a retailer to produce a fake ad. besides, if they weren't leaked, you can still find out what stuff was in the ad, you just have to be creative. most stores will have minimum quantities separated out for the BF ad. if you can find where they are, you can see just how much overall stock they have. I usually do this 1-2 days before hand, especially if there is something I need.