Best Buy Item buying policy ?

tranced

Hi, Im usually the first 10 in line for bestbuy or circuit city always

well atleast for the past 3 years.. i have usually only bought item in the past and i know there is a 1 item limit per product

but this year I intend on buying for myself and my family because my brother cant make it !

i want to buy 1 toshiba laptop. 1 gateway laptop and the emachine for 149.99

I know somebody who had problems last year as he wanted to buy a desktop and a laptop.. and the best buy employee told him NO and then there was a big argument ! :2bat:

As far as im concerned im not an aggressive person and i wont make a scene.. but i want to know if my viewpoint is right

I am Entitled to buy every product on my list.. as long as i am only buying 1 of that product.. they cannot tell me i cant have 2 different laptops ..because on there ad it states only 1 item per person under each product.. my understanding is that it is 1 item of that particular product and not 1 item on the whole ad. So if i buy the gateway i can also buy the tohsiba and that purchase should not have any effect on any other purchase

if anybody knows any different please let me know because i think if im only allowed 1 item its unfair as i spent over 8 hours in line !!!!! :squint:

If I have learned one thing about Black Friday over the years it is never to expect anything. Things not only change from store to store(be that Walmart to Kmart or Walmart to Walmart) but also from year to year. So no one can really tell you. You're just gonna have to go and see what happens. If I were you I would take someone w/ me.

Well as far as I'm concerned, this is the one occasion where being aggresive pays off. I would not let a store employee cheat me out of something that should rightfully be mine. And if they try I would make such a scene that the manager would have no choice but to give that item to me. Sometimes it takes that aggression to get what you want in life.

But there has got to be a MANAGER who i can approach right at that time if i am troubled?

I have known of a best buy employee who didnt give out multiple tickets cus he had friends deep down in the line and he didnt want to show that he was favoring them.. so if he saw somebody already had a ticket he would skip them... He got fired cuz the manager saw it or something... but i dont want a .. " YOU ARE RIGHT SIR... BUT IM SORRY NO RAINCHECKS AND NO MORE TICKETS:"

i work for bby, it depends on the stores management, although my past history with working on BF is that as long as your are within the limit on an item, you can purchase multiple items with limits.

I would think they'd want that, the sooner they move through the door busters the quicker they start making the actual profits.