Free soup @ Albertsons, ShopRite, Safeway, Giant.. ETC!!

alimfp

YMMV! (Your mileage may vary) Borrowed..

There's a hot Catalina chain going on now in various stores nationwide, like Albertsons, ShopRite, Safeway, Giant Eagle, Bi-Lo, Harris Teeter, that will net you free soup on every checkout plus $1 of other things of your choice. Purchase a Progresso Microwavable Soup, (in a carton near the canned soups) on sale for $1.50 at Albertsons, and get a Catalina good for $2.50 off your next purchase. Buy another Progresso Microwavable soup using the Catalina, + $1 worth of anything you like, and the Catalina pops out again. It's supposed to work through 11/27, though I make no promises. Check with your store before loading up your cart to make sure they are offering the $2.50 Catalina.

Catalina's are the red coupons the checkout machines spit out at the end of your purchase. I suggest buying just one soup at the beginning and seeing what comes out. If nothing, then don't do it again of course. But if you get one, then go load up your cart and find a cashier that is nice and is willing to do a few individual purchases for you to do this deal. I have never had a problem going through the line over and over for such deals, it's fine to do! :)

Did it a Southern Family Markets today!!! The cashier rolled her eyes!!! I was waiting for her to say something, she was so nasty! Anyways after taxes I walked away with 10 Canisters for a mere $4.10!!! Can't complain there!

well good for you:D who cares about cashier

My Albertson's missed out on ordering it for this week, but they expect it to come in on tomorrow night's truck so it should be on the shelves by Thursday. Perhaps that happened at Krogers as well. I suggest you ask the grocery manager.

Alimfp, was that the shelf tag price? AFAIK, Albertson's has it on sale nationwide. The sale price at my store is $1.79, not 1.50, but with the dozen eggs that are on sale for 79 cents, I'll only be paying 8 cents per transaction once the product comes in.

Pam - I read on another board that the Albie's sale ends tonight on it? The only shelf tag said $3.19, I had all of the kids and it was BUSY in there, so I just said forget it. Supposedly Safeway has the microwaveable on sale through tonight as well, so that's why I'm going to try there as soon as DH gets home.

This may have already been posted but does anybody know how long the soup is on sale and how long the catalina is working? I went last night and got 28 cans. It wasn't until the end, when I ran out of stuff to put with the soup and grabbed a candy bar, that I discovered I didn't have to buy a dollar worth of stuff to go with the soup.

1.67 Soup

.59 candy bar

.26 tax

-2.50 coupon

.02 my cost

I also did a deal with twistables or keebler bistro crackers which were both on sale for 1.67. I had .50 coupons that doubled and wound up paying .09 for a soup and a twistable or cracker.

Soup and 2 packs of sunflowers seeds for .40.

Soup & 24 pack Cottonelle was on sale for 5.00 and I had $1 blinkie. Wound up paying about $2.80 which is not free but still a good deal if you need tp.

I also used little debbies (no coupon and can't remember total after coupons) and keebler sandies (love these things). Cookies and soup was .99 with .50 coupon doubled to $1.

The Catalina's are good until the 27th, but usually they don't print out until the expiry date but they stop printing a week or two before (so it may be very soon!).

DH should be home in a bit, then I'm going to Safeway. I'm always afraid of the cashier that is going to give me cr@p over this, but I hope not IF I find this at a good price that is. :P

Went to my local Ralph's (kroger store) and they had it on sale for 2 for $3, plus I had a $.50 coupon which they doubled and got them both for only $2 and the Catalina:woot2: Thank you alimfp :g_clap:this is the best supermarket deal I ever had. This tops getting the Godiva ice cream for free.