How much for a REAL tree?

erh12275

Hubby had suggested that maybe we would do a real tree this year. I was wondering what does a real tree cost. The only times I had a real tree before was when I lived w/ my ex in-laws and they had one...but it was free. They knew the couple that owned the tree farm. So could you tell me what it would cost for a real tree?

I have been to Christmas tree farms and the roadside to get my Christmas tree. I usually pay about $45 at the tree farm and roadside about $25-$35. But the last 5 years it has been to the tree farm,,,we go as a family to pick one out after the place we go ...they have a tent where you can go in and have hot chocolate, donuts, crackers, cheese and cookies. My children even though they are teens love going with us.

Guest all2tired

It all depends on where you live, what kind of tree you get and the size of the tree. Years ago you could get a tree really cheap or free on Christmas eve but that has changed. Now you pay out the wazoo on christmas eve.

Don't get it too early or it will dry out and you'll have needles all over the place. But drive around and look at the prices that different places are charging then you will know where to go when the time comes to actually buy. You can also look into getting one with the roots on it so you can plant it after Christmas

Wow..those of you who are able to get a live tree for around $25.00...kudos to you. I live in a small city and they normally run $45-$55. Which is why I invested in a nice fake 2 years ago.

I am from a small town where we could go cut our own down for around $10-$15......we heard about a tree farm here..and come to find out..sure you can get one for $10.00...but seems all the 'good trees' are spoken for months and months in advance and those smaller pines that cant hold much of anythign are all that is left!