Question - 1st timer - How does Best Buy Tickets work?

wifeymiller

:2welcome: to the GottaDeal.com forums :)

If you look at the BB ads it shows they open doors at 5:00 AM.

Tickets are handed out by Best Buy employees about 30-45 min before 5:00 AM. The reason they hand out tickets is to ensure the people who have been waiting in line for 5 hours get what they want. They hand out tickets for door buster items such as the Toshiba laptop for $379, etc. So it is possible for an item to SELL OUT before the doors even open. If you really want something get in line around Midnight-2AM, it varies depending on where you live.

I hope that answers your questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to my local BB to ask about this "ticket system" and here is what the MGR of BB @ The Forum in Selma, Tx said.

The tickets are given out on HOT items (i.e. the emachines, laptop, etc). It is FIRST come FIRST serve, no "lottery" system because it would be unfair for those that came and stayed for many hours otherwise store would open at 10am and a "lottery" would take place so no one would be in line overnight.

Thanks. :lolrun:

Dh and I are having to split up so he was gonna tsand in line at BB egt the ticket and then come get me at WM. We usually hit 7-8 stores without splitting up and get home by 11am so i am hoping that doing only 2 we can keep on that record LOL

the reason I want him to come get me is the WM checkout is usualy only like 30 mins but everyone is talking about the BB checkout being immediatly like 3 hrs long LOL I cant waste that much time at WM on a normal day!

the reason I want him to come get me is the WM checkout is usualy only like 30 mins but everyone is talking about the BB checkout being immediatly like 3 hrs long LOL I cant waste that much time at WM on a normal day!

I've been to BB during BF and the lines are LONG. I'll be cashing in $264 in Best Buy Bucks to get the Toshiba laptop for $115, so I'll be holding up the line for about 10 minutes :gd_pineap

Next year we're going to send almost a thousand envelopes assuming they don't radically change the rules.

Ross.....what's been your average ROI on the BB Bucks, if I may ask?

It works by sending in an SASE to McD's, right? And you get back at least a $1 BBB, sometimes a $3 BBB, or other stuff, right?

So how's your ROI? I'd figure at least a 22% ROI (taking into consideration .74 for stamps per the two envelopes, two envelopes at .02 for the pair, but not including time spent addressing.)

Thanks!!!

This is just for future reference for next year....figure a 20% reduction in price is worth the effort!!!

It works by sending in an SASE to McD's, right? And you get back at least a $1 BBB, sometimes a $3 BBB, or other stuff, right?

So how's your ROI? I'd figure at least a 22% ROI (taking into consideration .74 for stamps per the two envelopes, two envelopes at .02 for the pair, but not including time spent addressing.)

Thanks!!!

This is just for future reference for next year....figure a 20% reduction in price is worth the effort!!!

We wrote everthing down and we averaged out with $2.00 bbb per $1.00 spent plus $1.00 in mccrap food. We sent out 110 took about 4 hrs to write.

Thanks!!!

Good question which can be answered here.

Here's how I got $264 Best Buy Bucks for only $111.

• Mail a SASE (self addressed stamped enevelope) in a larger envelope to McDonalds.

The outer envelope can be mechanically reproduced but the SASE must be hand written.

• You receive two Monopoly game pieces and 1 Best Buy gamepiece. Most BBB are $1 but every few are $3.

We sent 150 SASE x $0.74 postage = $111 and we received $264 in Best Buy Bucks.

I didn't include envelopes in my costs since we already have hundreds of them.

Toshiba laptop @ BB $379 - $264 BBB = $115 for a brand new laptop!!!

Mondo excellent!!!! Thx for the info!!!

Didn't know you could print out the outer envelope.....cuts a LOT of time out there!

You're welcome. I only wish I had done it sooner.

markraby is a pro at this!

Assuming McDonalds doesn't radically change the rules next year we'll probably send around 400 envelopes ($296 in postage) which should yield around $600 BBB. $300 for my wife and I.

You're welcome. I only wish I had done it sooner.

markraby is a pro at this!

Assuming McDonalds doesn't radically change the rules next year we'll probably send around 400 envelopes ($296 in postage) which should yield around $600 BBB. $300 for my wife and I.

Anytime I see my name in bold in one of RossMAN's posts, I know I've done something right (or I've done something really terrible :3paperbag ). I sent about 675 envelopes this year (a new record for me for this contest -- did around 550 last year and only about 200 the first year). I got well over $1,100 in Best Buy Bucks. So far, I've gotten a Roomba Scheduler, several new video games, many DVDs (online), a cool swivel-base DVD storage tower, XM Roady2, XM Roady home kit, $55 XM gift card, a tablet/mouse, and a deep fryer.

I've still got $300 (the limit per transaction) for Black Friday, plus about $150 to use between then and Dec 3, when they expire. I've also got $190 in gift cards coming from purchases I made online that netted me free gift cards, for which I paid entirely in BB Bucks.

Add in the prizes from the online game I won this year and I've ended up with 6 times the amount of money I invested in stamps/envelopes :gd_pineap

-Mark-

are the number of the tickets equal the number of the door buster items the store have? Say they have 15 laptops, 10 desktops, 10 flat TVs, they will hand out 15, 10, & 10 tickets for each item, 35 in total? so they will call who wants laptops? who wants TVS etc? like that? how the handing out ticket works?