Deal shopping all year round

I know a bunch of us shop the deals all year round to save for holidays, birthdays, etc. What do you guys do with everything once you buyt it? Do you wrap it right away so you are not overwhelmed all at once? Or have an excel sheet? I just seem to buy all year round, hide it, and then in October I am overwhelmed by what I have and who gets what etc. So Im trying to think of a better system this year. Any ideas?

Everything gets stored with like stuff, the only thing we make lists of are the toys and the miscellaneous holiday stuff. I start by listing everything in a notebook then transfer to excel and print out a list of what's in each box to tape to box or place inside clear storage boxes. On spreadsheet I list where box is kept along with a short description,quantity of each item and price paid. As things are given away I write changes on list on/in box and on the spreadsheet. For things like toys we'll list the ages for each toy.

Clothes I keep in storage bins sorted by size and person. For example the boys(godson and nephew) have a few boxes with stuff sorted by size, with the smaller ones up top through the larger ones below, that way the sizes we need are handy instead of being overlooked.

I started a clear storage bin this year and labeled it for the stocking stuffers I got on clearance. I also put the bin where I can easily see and reach it in case I need to look into it or put something else in. ( I don't have small kids anymore so peeking is not a problem)

Everything gets stored with like stuff, the only thing we make lists of are the toys and the miscellaneous holiday stuff. I start by listing everything in a notebook then transfer to excel and print out a list of what's in each box to tape to box or place inside clear storage boxes. On spreadsheet I list where box is kept along with a short description,quantity of each item and price paid. As things are given away I write changes on list on/in box and on the spreadsheet. For things like toys we'll list the ages for each toy.

Clothes I keep in storage bins sorted by size and person. For example the boys(godson and nephew) have a few boxes with stuff sorted by size, with the smaller ones up top through the larger ones below, that way the sizes we need are handy instead of being overlooked.

I've been needing to do something like this! So organized :)