Does Kmart PM?

fairydustcrissy

Kmart's prices always seem to be a couple of bucks higher than all the other stores too...Im talking on a year 'round basis...not BF

You should try them living in a town where they are the ONLY major store. They don't offer the Kmart(American Fare) brand on MOST items and the prices of the NAME brand is outrageous. And w/ the price of gas being $2.50 a gallon at the cheapest right now ya can't just drive the hour to the next town for Walmart. We are supposed to be getting a Walmart next June...if it happens Kmart is gonna get a rude awakening.

Hasn't K-mart been bought out by Sears? I know Sears PMs and gives an additional 10% off of the difference. Perhaps we should double check if K-mart isn't PMing this year?

No, Sears was bought out by KMart.

And the OP isn't really talking about PM'ing, they are talking about doing a return/rebuy. I was told in a different discussion that some KMarts will not allow you to re-purchase an item that you are returning. YMMV, but it may be more than that if it's a BF blockbuster.

Actually, i am talking about Pming, not return/rebuy. I want the MP3player that Kmart & BB are having. But I would rather have it at BB's price. But I also need something from Kmart. If they are PMing, i will go to Kmart. otherwise I will go to BB. I have no intentions whatsoever of R/R. Thats just too much on BF.

No, Sears was bought out by KMart.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I knew I wasn't crazy. Hubby and I had a big argument about this. And he kept telling me that since Kmart had been in bankruptcy that I was wrong and Sears had bought them. I kept insisting it was the other way around and then forgot to follow up on this until today. Here is two of the articles I found....they were hard to find becasue most of the articles didn't state a buyer (called it a merger) and some did state that Sears bought up 25 Kmarts last year as a precursor to the sale, but that it was indeed Kmart buying Sears out. So in a way I suppose we were both right...lol.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050102/BIZ/501020353/1001

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/chi-0501060136jan06,0,1788714.story?coll=bal-features-headlines

Actually, i am talking about Pming, not return/rebuy. I want the MP3player that Kmart & BB are having. But I would rather have it at BB's price. But I also need something from Kmart. If they are PMing, i will go to Kmart. otherwise I will go to BB. I have no intentions whatsoever of R/R. Thats just too much on BF.

Ok I emailed Kmart to ask. I know for a fact our Kmart here doesn't(worked there) but was wondering if it's a store to store policy or across the board. No sense in 100 people calling 100 different Kmarts if none of them do it. As soon as I hear back I will post in this thread.

Ok I emailed Kmart to ask. I know for a fact our Kmart here doesn't(worked there) but was wondering if it's a store to store policy or across the board. No sense in 100 people calling 100 different Kmarts if none of them do it. As soon as I hear back I will post in this thread.

I did the same....look up a few posts.

Here is the reply that i got from them. I did reply back informing them that thier prices are not even close to competative, and its a shame they think so. Apparently that attitude has hurt them! Oh well, looks like BB gets my money.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Kmart.

We would like to inform you that as of July 7, 2003 Kmart no longer match

our competitor's prices regular or ad because we offer great values on a

daily basis and because our ad prices are so low, we believe we are more

than competitively priced.

We look forward in serving you and your family in a Kmart store soon.

Should you have further inquiries or concerns, feel free to visit us at

www.kmart.com.

Nancy

Customer Service Network

For best service, please include this message with your reply.