* Official Black Friday CAMCORDER Thread *

i-bystander

Hi - I am wondering if you go to bestbuy.com now and apply that $50 rebate to make the panasonic camera 349, then can you also send in the panasonic sponsored one? I don't want my DH to have to be up shopping so early - he'll be grumpy all day then! What do you think?? I really want this camera - wish I knew a best buy that wouldn't be so swamped! UGH!

According to the newer rebate, it says it can not be used in conjunction with any other rebate offer. So I suppose that means you probably couldn't do it. :(

What about purchasing the Panasonic from this place http://www.6ave.com/product.jsp?x=PVGS31&zipz=11001 for $308, then send in the mail in rebate. The total would be $258. If you're brave and you want to do the Best Buy deal on Friday, you'd pay about $220 after you get the rebate. So is going Friday worth $38? :confused:

The price is without shipping I assume? So add another 12 to 20 bucks for shipping. So the difference is closer to $50 or $60 bucks. But possibly still worth it in my mind. I'm just not sure I'd buy something from a retailer online that may or may not be reputable. Thats my sticking point right now anyway. Have you used this company before by any chance?

I don't know much about Mini Dv Camcorders, can someone help me?

What all can I do with these Camcorders. I want to be able to edit my footage into good dvd movies w/effects.

I have a Sony Hi-8 Camera and I cant edit it. Is there any way to convert that footage so I can edit it?

I was thinking about the Samsung at Target on BF. It has 20XOptical/900XDigital zoom and is $280 but you get $80 gift card. Is this a good camera at this price? What camera do you recommend?

Also what is a good editing software program?

any input or answers will help. Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!

The price is without shipping I assume? So add another 12 to 20 bucks for shipping. So the difference is closer to $50 or $60 bucks. But possibly still worth it in my mind. I'm just not sure I'd buy something from a retailer online that may or may not be reputable. Thats my sticking point right now anyway. Have you used this company before by any chance?

Actually the $308 includes shipping...not a bad deal. On eopinions.com website, they have a 4 out of 5 customer rating, so I'd have no problem buying something from them online, although I never have.

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there for people who didn't (or couldn't) get up at 3 am to go to Best Buys!