Anyone know if Dillards is going to do an addit'l 40% off for New Years?

cx3girl

I found some awesome deals last year on New Years Day! I think the sale was an additional 40% off already marked down prices, but only for the one day? Wondering if they'll do that again, and if New Years Day being Sunday will affect the one day sale at all? I'm hoping to find some new boots!

Our store opened at exactly ten o clock last year. I am planning on going on Saturday and scoping out the clearance tags so maybe I will have a head start. I am thinking of taking a foldable luggage cart since it is hard to handle your purchases without bags or carts.

Our store opened at exactly ten o clock last year. I am planning on going on Saturday and scoping out the clearance tags so maybe I will have a head start. I am thinking of taking a foldable luggage cart since it is hard to handle your purchases without bags or carts.

Good idea. I was just thinking today how hard it is to carry all my deals around in the store.

Went to two stores this a.m. Opened at regular time (10 a.m.) and throngs were waiting just like BF. Lots of crazy shoving and stroller ramming. Clearance items were extra 50% off, some beauty items like fragrance sets were just 50% off. Coach was wiped out within 5 minutes. Much smaller selections and longer lines than last year. Told hubby we might just skip it next year, although both stores are two easy miles from our house. I'd rather lounge around in pjs sipping coffee!

Went to two stores this a.m. Opened at regular time (10 a.m.) and throngs were waiting just like BF. Lots of crazy shoving and stroller ramming. Clearance items were extra 50% off, some beauty items like fragrance sets were just 50% off. Coach was wiped out within 5 minutes. Much smaller selections and longer lines than last year. Told hubby we might just skip it next year, although both stores are two easy miles from our house. I'd rather lounge around in pjs sipping coffee!

Arrived at 8am and already lots of people in the store. I agree, selection was much smaller then in year's past on the really good deals. Lots of stuff on sale but not as much 50% and 65%. Coach went fast and shoe area was mobbed. I took my time and then returned to shoes and got three pairs at a great price.

Bummed about the boys selection as I usually find a lot for my son but that was not the case this year.

I did find a super cute case for my Fire for $9. Overall I left happy but not with as many bags as in year's past.

OMG, my first year.... and a good bet, my last!! What a mad house. If I hadn't invested so much time searching and bumping around for what I found, I would have left. I waited in line for 45 minutes to pay. UGH. I had 2 large sacks and hated to just put everything back! There was a man behind me, YES, A MAN, with just 6 small ornaments. I can't imagine what kind of drugs my husband would have to be taking to spend 45 minutes in line to pay for anything, let alone christmas ornaments. LOL (No offense to any gentlemen out there!!)

I left after that. I couldn't bring myself to stand in line for even 5 more minutes.

There was a man behind me, YES, A MAN, with just 6 small ornaments. I can't imagine what kind of drugs my husband would have to be taking to spend 45 minutes in line to pay for anything, let alone christmas ornaments. LOL (No offense to any gentlemen out there!!)

I left after that. I couldn't bring myself to stand in line for even 5 more minutes.

If it was something I really wanted or needed at a great price I would have waited around but I'm usually not that patient. I've left whole shopping carts at Target for shorter lines.

I agree my father would not be caught dead a)shopping for ornaments or B) standing in line for anything more than a few minutes. He usually wanders off and finds somewhere to sit. Maybe he was buying them for his wife who was unable to accompany him for whatever reason. I'd like to think my dad would do the same for my mom but I doubt it as well. We saw an older couple at Macy's marvelling over the few ornaments left.

Our Dillard's was closed and the nearest one is now over half an hour away. I think mom's bff went but not til after 10am or so, not sure how it went.

I went to mine in Oklahoma City around noon and it wasn't too terribly busy. There was a ton of stuffed marked down and they kept bringing out more! I went back in around 3pm and it was a mad house. I was able to get 2 pairs of coach shoes on the second trip. I wandered into the handbags and there was still a big pile of coach and Dooney & Burke bags. No one really seemed to be interested in them. I grabbed a coach wristlet for my mom. Between both trips I spent around $500 but got a ton of new work clothes that I badly needed! I never waited more than a minute to check out and several of the cashiers didn't have anyone waiting at their register. It was pretty odd.