Gift cards for less than face value

sperdue

I'm a member of a few survey sites that award you points, and you trade in the points for GCs. Also, I've gotten several GCs from test drive offers. Sometimes, you end up with a GC that you don't want/won't use. When that happens I always sell the GC or trade it for other GCs that I will use. :yay:

My credit card does this too when you build up so many points, maybe they just want the cash.

but still this does not make sense to sell something for less that its face value.

I wonder how u manage??

Simonalex

As i said they are already getting them at little or no cost to them- so even selling them cheaper then they are worth- they STILL make a profit

ALSO adding if someone is buying a gc thru ebay pay with paypal and you the promo going on this month to save even more $$$

As i said they are already getting them at little or no cost to them- so even selling them cheaper then they are worth- they STILL make a profit

ALSO adding if someone is buying a gc thru ebay pay with paypal and you the promo going on this month to save even more $$$

I just saw that last night!! That's a super deal. I've been watching like a hawk ever since!

The ones I find odd are the mystery gift cards where you don't know the value of the card. That sounds like gambling to me and I'm surprised that eBay allows those.

Ebay DOESN'T allow it. People that do those mystery gift cards always put something like "you are bidding on the envelope itself. However, as a gift, I will add in a mystery gift card to (insert place)". Obviously, people are bidding for the gift card but it's a loophole through EBay's policy.

I've bought gift cards off of EBay before especially Best Buy Bucks since that where I'll be doing my BF shopping. I'm also selling a $10 KB Toys gift card on EBay. I got it for free and there isn't a KB Toys anywhere near where I live. I started the bidding at 5 bucks and got a bid so I'm happy. That's my reasoning, it'd be a waste to drive 40 miles to the nearest KB Toys for a $10 gift card when I can get $5 in cash for it.

I've been buying and selling on Ebay since 1999.

I've only been ripped off once (maybe twice)

The first time, I had ordered a set of brand new mint Euros from an ebayer in Italy. They never arrived. He had a very high rating and over the next several weeks went to an extremely poor rating, then eventually was 'no longer a member'.

So I'm out eleven bucks...no biggie.

The second time, I had sold a brand new pair of shoes to someone in Texas, and they claimed they never got them. This was also the only time I shipped an item WITHOUT the delivery confirmation (as luck would have it).

I asked them to give it a few more days, they were very kind and insisted the following week that they never arrived, so I sent another pair.

(yes, I was an online shoe salesman for a while):D

Very unique shoes though, and they sold, but not at much of a profit.

So it is possible they never arrived, but I'll never know.

I've been buying and selling on Ebay since 1999.

I've only been ripped off once (maybe twice)

The first time, I had ordered a set of brand new mint Euros from an ebayer in Italy. They never arrived. He had a very high rating and over the next several weeks went to an extremely poor rating, then eventually was 'no longer a member'.

So I'm out eleven bucks...no biggie.

The second time, I had sold a brand new pair of shoes to someone in Texas, and they claimed they never got them. This was also the only time I shipped an item WITHOUT the delivery confirmation (as luck would have it).

I asked them to give it a few more days, they were very kind and insisted the following week that they never arrived, so I sent another pair.

(yes, I was an online shoe salesman for a while):D

Very unique shoes though, and they sold, but not at much of a profit.

So it is possible they never arrived, but I'll never know.

Here is my worst experience on eBay. One time I bid on 3 VHS horror movies (yes, it was many years ago. LOL) from this one seller. The seller sold movies regularly. The package must have gotten ripped up during the delivery stage because you could see where some postal employee taped the envelope shut. It was a mess. LOL Anyway, when it arrived, 2 of the 3 movies were included.

I emailed the seller, but I was actually ok with it. I seen that they'd mailed it, but things happen! Anyway, the seller told me they'd back order the movie and once it arrived, they'd send it to me. It was an old movie, so it wasn't something they could just place an order for. Remember how that used to be? LOL Anyway, months passed and I had forgotten all about it. Then one day out of the blue, that movie arrived with a bag of microwave popcorn.

Since '99, this is my worst horror story. I can't begin to state how much money I've saved thru the years via video games and DVDs (brand new). I could probably get ripped off 20 times in a row and it still wouldn't have been as expensive as buying in the store. It's nice paying $30 for that $50 (in store) video game. It's nice too paying $10.00 for that DVD that's $20.00 in the store. This includes shipping and if bought locally, I'd owe 6% tax too.

As for the gift cards. I know for some restaurant gift cards, there is a company that sells them and they get them at a reduced cost. Those savings are passed on to the buyers that bid. I've seen them go for more than face value too, so sometimes, there is no savings at all.

The ones I find odd are the mystery gift cards where you don't know the value of the card. That sounds like gambling to me and I'm surprised that eBay allows those.

yes people find loop holes like when someone sells up to "$50 in amazon and Starbucks" if you read it you will see they are selling info:eek: :( which i bet is just referring someone to Judy's book. But you are bidding on the documents.

There are sellers on there selling promotional coupon codes that you can access here and tons of other places for free! But I guess some people rather pay than take the time to find things out for themselves, just seems silly to pay for a code to save money?

some people don't know about sites like this, hard to believe but it's true, so there are just trying to get what they can

Guest Deals4Me

I'd be weary...Not like I havent thought about getting them...but alas, Iam to scared to try buying. one the Posters isright...do a little searching and you'd be surprised.... I get an extra $5 a week from Pinecone just for 10 minutes of my time...

and right now I have $10 gc from Staples just for signning up under a promotion for teachers... (we'll be homeschooling so I qualified)

holding that baby for teh last 5 months...WOO hoo! BF!!