When did you stop believing?

SuperMommy

MY nine year old is begining to ask questions. But she still beleives. She asked me if he was real and I told her if you don't beleive than the magic wont work for you and your parents then become santa for you. Should I tell her the truth or let her still beleive?

my mom told me when i was somewhere around 6?! she didn't have any tooth fairy $$:gd_twocen:gd_dollar

sooooooooo there went the tooth fairy, easter bunny, santa and all of it

But i had to keep "believing" so my twin sister didn't find out for several years.

MY nine year old is begining to ask questions. But she still beleives. She asked me if he was real and I told her if you don't beleive than the magic wont work for you and your parents then become santa for you. Should I tell her the truth or let her still beleive?

Let her believe in the magic as long as possible.... My 12 year old daughter still believes because when she questioned it (she heard it from friends that santa wasn't real), I told her that Santa is only real when you believe in him.... if you stop believing, then he's no longer real.......... She accepted that answer and even sent him a letter in the mail this year w/out my saying a word about it. This will probably be the last year, but at least I know I helped keep the magic alive as long as possible for her. My stepson was 12 when he stopped believing too..... (he's 14 now) and that was only because his mother told him that Santa wasn't real because she wanted him to know that the gifts were from her. We have a 4 yr old who is more skeptical than most, but we'll do the same for her. We use special santa wrapping paper with lots of frilly bows..... we use velvet santa bags like santa has on his sleigh to deliver them in..... we give them letters from santa that are personalized to their accomplishments throughout the year.....we've rung sleighbells outside their windows, etc.... just to keep the magic of believing alive.

Being the youngest, my mother would take me with her shopping while my sisters and brothers were in school. The things she bought were the same things everyone had asked for, so I was about four when I told everyone my mom was going to he** for lying to us that Santa bought the things and showed them where she hid everything while she was out of the house. Our fire place had been sealed, so there was no way he could even get in! They teased my mom about it on Christmas day and for a long time afterwards. Then when I was five, my "godmother" who was actually the 19 year old daughter of my godmother took me to a Kiddie Kabaret for Christmas. She kept telling me to go play with the other kids. I didn't like them, because I was used to playing with my older siblings, so I went looking for her. Needless to say, I found her in a liplock with a guy dressed as Santa. I hid under the table and watched them and a few minutes later he put on his beard and hat and proceeded into the main room to the cheers of the crowd. I went right out behind him and he tried the "ho-ho-ho what do you want for Christmas little girl" line as he picked me up. I sat on his lap and snatched his beard off and said "You're not Santa Claus...you're the man that was back there kissing Denise!" The kids went crazy screaming and crying and Denise grabbed me and we left the party immediately. It was dark outside and cold and she threatened to leave me to walk to her house while she caught the bus. She got about half a block away and came back for me and vowed to never take me anywhere again. She got in more trouble than I did, though. I asked her father to take me home and he apologized for her leaving me on the street and took me home.

My son figured it out when he was nine, he heard it from some friends at school. I deny it though. I love being Santa. I'll always have presents from Santa under my tree. My daughter is nine now, she still believes. My son is itching to tell her just to be mean but he won't. Atleast I hope he won't ...'cause Santa's watching.:yup:

When I was around 7 I was having doubts and started looking for presents. My parents had a camp trailer and for some reason I saw there were tracks in the snow leading to the trailer so I went over to the door and it was locked (which my parents NEVER did)

This was a older trailer and you could access the storage from the outside and crawl in and pop open the cabinet door under the couch. We did it several times I knew everything I was gonna get down to the candy LOL We were so bad

i was 8 friends told me..i was devistated.. my daughter was 9 she would always read my womens magazines in the bathroom..well this time she was reading a dear abby type section and a woman wrote in "my daughter found out there is no santa how do i keep her from telling her little brother" she came out and looked like she saw a ghost.. of course it was a matter of mins before she started on "what about the easter bunny?..the tooth fairy too.. i was trying not to laugh it was precious.. i said nope no toothfairy and she didnt believe me so i showed her this pill box i keep all the teeth in.. i said see and i shook the box..it rattled.. she burst out laughing at that point and wanted to see the teeth.. we both were laughing.. in a way her reading the article was good cause she knew how important it was not to tell her brother. the article took care of that to me by her reading the advice the writers gave the woman. kathy

i was 8 friends told me..i was devistated.. my daughter was 9 she would always read my womens magazines in the bathroom..well this time she was reading a dear abby type section and a woman wrote in "my daughter found out there is no santa how do i keep her from telling her little brother" she came out and looked like she saw a ghost.. of course it was a matter of mins before she started on "what about the easter bunny?..the tooth fairy too.. i was trying not to laugh it was precious.. i said nope no toothfairy and she didnt believe me so i showed her this pill box i keep all the teeth in.. i said see and i shook the box..it rattled.. she burst out laughing at that point and wanted to see the teeth.. we both were laughing.. in a way her reading the article was good cause she knew how important it was not to tell her brother. the article took care of that to me by her reading the advice the writers gave the woman. kathy

smart little girl

i think I was around 8 or 9. My daughter 9, and son 6 both still believe, at least as far as I know, and I think it is sooo wonderful. I have had the conflict already with my daughter, other kids telling her there's no santa, but she hasn't stopped believing yet.