Gift ideas for senior in high school niece

sgigi

Help! I'm looking for ideas besides gift cards (done that for the past three years). She is going off to college next year and may be going far away. I got her brother a microwave when he was her age, but if she goes to school in Hawaii like she talked about, she can't take that on a plane. Any ideas of unique ideas that she can use at college?

Thanks

New college students usually need sheets, comforters, towels, and the like. We bought my nephew a laundry basket filled with towels, sheets, plastic cups and plates, an iron, shower caddy, cleaning supplies, desk lamp, fan, and some other personal care odds and ends. If taking things on the plane is an issue you could include an "IOU" for shipping and cover the shipping costs when she leaves.

If she is going far away (depending on your budget) you could also consider a travel certificate from an airline or a site like orbitz or Expedia. Travel can get expensive and limit the trips home for a homesick freshman.

The other thing someone got a friends son was a digital frame with a memory stick of friends and family photos and a phone book with everyone's phone number, address and email.

The other thing someone got a friends son was a digital frame with a memory stick of friends and family photos and a phone book with everyone's phone number, address and email.

I like this idea!! I would also suggest a re fillable gift card or pre paid visa card, and that way you can help her out when you can through out the first year.