Learning Toys Ages 0-3 years

love2beurwifey

Leap frog learning table is good. My son got that for his first Christmas. It teaches colors, shapes, numbers and much more. He is 2 1/2 and still plays with it. The littletouch leappad was a hit with him too. After a while he learned a story all by himself. My mom got him the v.tech v.smile for this Christmas and I am getting him the leap frog leapster l-max for Christmas. (He knows his alphabets and numbers in English and Spanish and just knows too much, so I figured I would get these to challenge him and get him prepared for school).

Hope this helps

:teacher:

The leapfrog cube thing is good also. It can be found at Babies R Us for sure, a bit spendy, but has alot of activities. Dd has the Little Touch leappad and she likes it, she gets a bit rough with it sometimes which can tear a page but it's still a good buy if it's marked down for bf! I can't think of much else..oh, the aqua doodle looks really neat too!

do i ever i got a 2.5 yr old and a 9 monther, all i do is look for learning toys, LOL

LeapFrog Word Whammer for the near 3 yr old, Leap Frog also has a letter version of this that helps the younger start to learn the alphabet

Fisher Price Read With Me DVD System for the near 3 yr old, it interacts with the TV

Fisher Price Interac TV DVD System, Great mind stymulation and helps with words, counting, recognizing things

Fisher Price Peek a Blocks IncrediBlock for the baby, BIG cude type thing, but it assists in helping them to learn to pull themselves up to stand and it teaches shape sroting and colors and is a whole lot of fun

LeapFrog Table that was mentioned, this comes off the legs too until the little one gets some sea legs

There is a toy called Sentence Maker, forget who makes it though, helps the 3 yr old

Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Musical Learning Chair, for the baby after they get the hang of pulling themselves up and climbing onto lower things

and Little People, my kids love love love little people

wow there is a ton of FP stuff in there huh???:g_laughin

My 2 1/2 yr old loves the Mega Blocks and Matchbox cars (he's not one to put things in his mouth). Also all the Fisher Price Farm sets, Castle, etc. Loves cars, balls, etc.

I bought him the Leapfrog littletouch, but he really isn't interested in it. Maybe if they had Wiggles books for it...

And he loves coloring and Crayola makes WASHABLE crayons that come off of everything with just a wipe (even a baby wipe! I mean no leaving any marks!) They get my vote for best thing ever! I download coloring-in pages and print them off. He loves it!

June

My daughter is two and loves the My First Leap Pad. We got a bundle package last year. This year I bought four new books. I am thinking about the Story Reader for her this year. Wooden puzzles are great too. TRU also has stickers for the bath tub that are great and makes bath time fun (they can play and not pour water on the floor) Books are great at any age and mine have always loved being read to.

It isn't a learning toy but Dora the explorer is a big hit. Actually some of the Dora toys i have gotten are teaching toys. Blue's Clues tends to also be a hit at least with my kids at that age. Elmo was also something they loved.

Another poster mentioned the leappad little touch. Fisher Price has out a similar product that will be on sale at TRU BF for $14.99. It is called Power Touch baby learning system. The regular power touch is nice too. Learn through Music is another toy i had gotten my kids and they have an improved system this year.