Shootings, pepper-spray attack mar Wal-Mart Black Friday sales

bigjimslade

Starting at 10pm DEFINITELY contributed to having a different "mix" of shoppers but what's interesting is that it ALWAYS seems to be Wal Mart that has these problems. You rarely hear about these type of brawling chaos at Target or BB.

Same here. I think I will be doing all of my bf shopping online from here on. I have never in all the years of going out for bf seen it like this. It just blows my mind still thinking about it. I got hit in the eye with a Monster High doll box. I have no idea who it was though because people acted like total idiots over those things. I don't know for sure but I hear there was a fight over the towels again this year at my local Walmart.

Our son was at a Walmart in Northern Ky. last year and he said there was fights over towels at that one too. I think it was the Fort Wright, Ky Walmart. He said he would never shop again on Black Friday.

I dont get it, when walmart doesnt have cops/security there, that is the reason fights break out, but when a cop make an arrest and someone gets hurt during that arrest people want to say they need to be punished for using force. So are the cops just suppose to stand there and watch all the idiots breaking the rules or are they suppose to take action?

If people didnt act like idiots nothing bad would happen, period. it is not walmarts (or any other store) fault or a cops fault when bad stuff happen it is the person/s who started or caused it.

Starting at 10pm DEFINITELY contributed to having a different "mix" of shoppers but what's interesting is that it ALWAYS seems to be Wal Mart that has these problems. You rarely hear about these type of brawling chaos at Target or BB.

Funny you should mention that. At our Target, there was a fight in electronics. They had to send the police in from outside. Huge pool of blood. It was horrible. It is my opinion that we had more fights than normal because of the opening times. Many more people who never go out for BF or at least wait until later in the day were out in droves. It was HORRIBLE in my area! I have done BF for what seems like forever, but if the times remain as they were this year, I will be doing my shopping online. Shame on the people who ruin the experience.

• 2 weeks later...

And pepper spray lady may have gotten away free.

"A woman accused of attacking at least 20 Black Friday shoppers at a Walmart store with pepper spray won't face felony charges, prosecutors said Thursday.

The case of Elizabeth Macias, 32, was referred to city attorneys after county prosecutors didn't find evidence of a felony, said Sandi Gibbons, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County district attorney's office.

Macias could still face misdemeanor prosecution, Ms Gibbons said."

Read more

• 3 weeks later...

It breaks my heart that BF has come to this. I posted in another thread that my ds13 came out of the video games with a black eye and cut face, and fingernail scratches on his cheek. I am horrified at that, let alone what happened in other places.

I bring my 13yr old daughter with me as well, if she ever got a black eye and a cut on her face I would raise hell and not care if I went to jail or not. That is just disrespectful and inconsiderate people. Fortuneately nothing like that has ever happened here and she has gone on BF for a few years and never had any incidents.