Ideas needed for 12 twin girls..subbing for Santa

abentley

I am lucky enough to be able to help take care of Christmas for 2 12yo twin girls this year. I would love to come up with hp touch pads,( Brad if you have any extra I will buy them off you!) but I am realizing that isn't going to happen! I thought about pandigital ones, but need back up ideas. One loves to read, the other loves everything. While it seems easy enough, I am struggling with ideas! I haven't had a 12yo girl in 13 years!LOL!:cheesy:

I am lucky enough to be able to help take care of Christmas for 2 12yo twin girls this year. I would love to come up with hp touch pads,( Brad if you have any extra I will buy them off you!) but I am realizing that isn't going to happen! I thought about pandigital ones, but need back up ideas. One loves to read, the other loves everything. While it seems easy enough, I am struggling with ideas! I haven't had a 12yo girl in 13 years!LOL!:cheesy:

What about a kindle or nook for each and gift cards so they can customize them to their own preferences...Or the Kindle Fires? Don't know how much you are wanting to spend.

What about a kindle or nook for each and gift cards so they can customize them to their own preferences...Or the Kindle Fires? Don't know how much you are wanting to spend.

I second this suggestion!

How kind of you to want to make some girls' Christmas dreams come true :)

Here are some ideas if the touch pads or e readers don't work out:

BBW's (even my 8 year old loves this

craft kits (maybe jewelry making)

mp3

digital cameras

purses, wallet and gift cards

portable dvd players with some movies

small video camera with memory card

My biggest concern with the tablets are the are internet at home. I need to see if they have it. Also the cost of books. I have a kindle, and I know there are free books, but I don't want to get a gift that keeps costing them $$ to enjoy when that is so limited. I will bw finding out more info next week. I went to BBW yesterday and a girly run of nail polish and such. I have ordered new outfits for each. I have kind of been their fairy Godmother the entire school year helping with coats, boots and clothing. I think every little girl would love a new outfit at Christmas!! I do have jewelry making kits on my list as well. I also want to check and se if the grandparents need anything. I can keep giving, but I would love the girls to be able to get their caretakers something so they can feel the magic of Christmas as well. I hope to be able to take them shopping and maybe I can see more ideas for them.

My biggest concern with the tablets are the are internet at home. I need to see if they have it. Also the cost of books. I have a kindle, and I know there are free books, but I don't want to get a gift that keeps costing them $$ to enjoy when that is so limited. I will bw finding out more info next week. I went to BBW yesterday and a girly run of nail polish and such. I have ordered new outfits for each. I have kind of been their fairy Godmother the entire school year helping with coats, boots and clothing. I think every little girl would love a new outfit at Christmas!! I do have jewelry making kits on my list as well. I also want to check and se if the grandparents need anything. I can keep giving, but I would love the girls to be able to get their caretakers something so they can feel the magic of Christmas as well. I hope to be able to take them shopping and maybe I can see more ideas for them.

With the Kindle or the Nook (or a tablet) they would not have to buy books for it they could borrow from the library for free. I have not bought any books for my Nook yet and I have had it for over a year. I only borrow from the library and I do get some free books from B & N and other places but have not gotten around to reading them since I always have a steady supply from the library. You could arrange for them to get a library card from a library in their state that provides the OverDrive service. I use the Free Library of Philadelphia (as a PA resident its free) and also the New York Public Library in Manhattan (DH works there so was able to get a card) There are libraries in each state that provide this service and its free.