What Was Your Best Black Friday Deal Ever

leefamily23

I am getting amped up for Friday, it's almost here :clapping: anyhow what was your best every deal you got on BF?

Mine was my husband. 14 years ago I literally bumped into him in the toy department at Walmart right after opening. I was on the hunt for some Hot Wheels that were on sale. I went to go say I was sorry to the person I just rammed into (I don't lose my manners on BF) and when I looked up it was a "boy" I had dated in school almost 10 years prior. He had been my first "real" boyfriend and when he moved out of state to live w/ his dad we lost touch. I hadn't seen him in almost all those years, but we recognized each other right away. In the middle of the massive crowd we talked for only a moment and exchanged numbers. We started dating again the following week and got married 2 years later. He is truly my best find on Black Friday.

If I had to pick merchandise :-), I'd have to go w/ a PSP deal at Walmart a few years back. They claimed they were out, when someone spotted some in the back of the electronics case. I just happened to be standing right there, so I got only 1 of 3 left.

Now how are we supposed to compete with that??? :)

Let's see, my first Black Friday that I took seriously was in 2006. I was sitting flush with cash after a severance pkg and had already secured a new and better job, so I was rolling in the dough as far as I was concerned. I was on the hunt for an HDTV, but not just any HDTV - I wanted a Panasonic TH-42PX60U (it had gotten rave reviews on various forums and consumer reports if I remember correctly). Turned out, that was the TV that Circuit City and Best Buy were going to feature that year and they battled fiercely. First, Best Buy's ad was leaked with a $999 price (regular price $1400 I think). Then Circuit City's ad came out with a $899 price. I went to Circuit City and bought it in advance on the Tuesday before at the regular price (this was when they would honor all price changes within 30 days anyway) and planned to stop by later in the day on Black Friday to get the refund. Then on Thanksgiving Day, Best Buy lowered their price on the TV to $899 as well. I called Circuit City and asked about their best price guarantee and they said they would beat any verifiable price by 10% which would lower the price by another $90. But they wouldn't honor a price that was only advertised on the web (not in a printed ad), so I went to Best Buy bright and early to see if I could buy one of the Panasonic's there (the receipt was definitely a verifiable price) and get Circuit City to beat it. Long story a little less long, I got the last Panasonic at Best Buy, took the receipt to Circuit City, got my price beat, went back to Best Buy and got a refund (never picked up the TV from Best Buy in the first place).

Still my primary HDTV and I love it....though probably not as much as you love your best Black Friday find.

I do almost feel guilty about how Circuit City went belly up not long after. I know if wasn't just my little transaction that did it, but I do miss them.

Now how are we supposed to compete with that??? :)

Let's see, my first Black Friday that I took seriously was in 2006. I was sitting flush with cash after a severance pkg and had already secured a new and better job, so I was rolling in the dough as far as I was concerned. I was on the hunt for an HDTV, but not just any HDTV - I wanted a Panasonic TH-42PX60U (it had gotten rave reviews on various forums and consumer reports if I remember correctly). Turned out, that was the TV that Circuit City and Best Buy were going to feature that year and they battled fiercely. First, Best Buy's ad was leaked with a $999 price (regular price $1400 I think). Then Circuit City's ad came out with a $899 price. I went to Circuit City and bought it in advance on the Tuesday before at the regular price (this was when they would honor all price changes within 30 days anyway) and planned to stop by later in the day on Black Friday to get the refund. Then on Thanksgiving Day, Best Buy lowered their price on the TV to $899 as well. I called Circuit City and asked about their best price guarantee and they said they would beat any verifiable price by 10% which would lower the price by another $90. But they wouldn't honor a price that was only advertised on the web (not in a printed ad), so I went to Best Buy bright and early to see if I could buy one of the Panasonic's there (the receipt was definitely a verifiable price) and get Circuit City to beat it. Long story a little less long, I got the last Panasonic at Best Buy, took the receipt to Circuit City, got my price beat, went back to Best Buy and got a refund (never picked up the TV from Best Buy in the first place).

Still my primary HDTV and I love it....though probably not as much as you love your best Black Friday find.

I do almost feel guilty about how Circuit City went belly up not long after. I know if wasn't just my little transaction that did it, but I do miss them.

So what did you end up paying for the HDTV?

I think it was 2007 when I waited in line at circuit city for a 46" sharp aquos 1080p for about 6 hours in the snow and ice. That was my first serious year of BF. Retail was 2499 and I paid 1299.

However last year's haul of getting everything on my list at a total of 8 stores (including target and WM) for over 63% off was pretty good, too. Ended up in line at 5 stores before they opened and done shopping by 930 am.

I am getting amped up for Friday, it's almost here :clapping: anyhow what was your best every deal you got on BF?

Mine was my husband. 14 years ago I literally bumped into him in the toy department at Walmart right after opening. I was on the hunt for some Hot Wheels that were on sale. I went to go say I was sorry to the person I just rammed into (I don't lose my manners on BF) and when I looked up it was a "boy" I had dated in school almost 10 years prior. He had been my first "real" boyfriend and when he moved out of state to live w/ his dad we lost touch. I hadn't seen him in almost all those years, but we recognized each other right away. In the middle of the massive crowd we talked for only a moment and exchanged numbers. We started dating again the following week and got married 2 years later. He is truly my best find on Black Friday.

If I had to pick merchandise :-), I'd have to go w/ a PSP deal at Walmart a few years back. They claimed they were out, when someone spotted some in the back of the electronics case. I just happened to be standing right there, so I got only 1 of 3 left.

That is the best story!

Kota the dinosaur. My son was in love with him but there was no way I was paying the 400 price tag! The following year I guess tru was trying to get rid of them and did one of those 3pm sales for 99 but I had to pick up my daughter from school at that exact time and they couldnt hold me one so I was totally bummed. Well on bf I was in tru about 10am and the place was a complete mess and I literally walked right into a huge box. There it was right in front of me covered by a million other toys. I found an employee to scan it and it was 99.00. I was SO excited!! Needless to say I had a VERY happy 2 year old that year =)

13 years ago I was all prepared to shop black friday. I had my adds out and my game plans down. I went to bed eairly, 7pm, to be ready for my 3am BF game plan. However, I was 1 week over due with my 4th child who decided he liked BF as much as I do. He was born 11/27/ 1998 at 12:21 am, yes, black friday. My husband and brother put together a BF plan and shopped for me. I got every thing that I wanted, baby and all. My husband was sprung and has been m y black friday partner every since.

I love this.

Four snuggli type quilts (well, really more of quilts with snaps that you can wear but still move in). They were originally marked at $60 but, between a clearance sale and a price-marking snafu that the store honored, I got them for $2.97 each. But, that wasn't the real bargain. Because everyone in the family had one, we wore them all winter in the house, allowing us to turn the heat down by a few more degrees than normal. In the end, we saved hundreds in heating costs.