Amazon.com Black Friday Sale [Sale Started]

Brad

So, did I miss out. Right now Amazon says I cannot preorder from them, only other sellers are listed. Will they release units at $199 or should I have ordered from them when it was regular price and they would have price matched it/lowered it? :(

LOL...don't feel bad. I already told family I'm not going to dinner and they're already touchy about it, what's even better is I've got most of what I wanted online already:P

Who makes Thanksgiving dinner at 6pm knowing ppl have to drive there and back AND do BF? I'll probably take a nap instead

I think they will forget the fact you didn't went to dinner when it is Xmas time and you arrived with the big gifts.

Other sellers are just people like you and me. They have nothing to do with amazon and amazon cannot tell them what to price things for. Amazon only gets so many preorders and after that you are out of luck. THey also do NOT price match. I have tried many times. They tell you to reorder and send back the first one. Once in a while they will give you a good faith credit for the amount if you get a nice person. I have tried price matching 2 times this week and they say no both times.

So, did I miss out. Right now Amazon says I cannot preorder from them, only other sellers are listed. Will they release units at $199 or should I have ordered from them when it was regular price and they would have price matched it/lowered it? :(

My price matching experience: I had my son enter several Xbox games, DVDs and trading card packs into the wish list a couple of weeks ago. I checked several times throughout the day each day and when I saw a price drop, I bought it right away because the prices didn't stay low very long (found that out the hard way). BUT, they don't ALWAYS reflect others' sales prices. Example: I had Assassin's Creed Revelation in my wish list but this a.m. still at full price. Was on Best Buy's website (getting that 24" tv) and they have the game for 34.99 with free shipping and on 2.xx for tax, so jumped on that. This game just came out 11/15/11 so I think that is a good price. The new Batman for Xbox is down to $44.xx right now in my wish list but a couple of stores are supposed to have it for as low as $28 later tonight or tomorrow, so going to keep my eye on that one.

got the batman one at BB site for $29 and free shipping....gonna send the amazon one back.....

Promo will be added to account when it ships. You will get email confirmation.

Question:

I got in on the lightning deal for the xbox, at least that's what it says on my invoice, however... I still have not been emailed a promo code. I do have prime so I already have the xbox, just wondering if I should be concerned about the promo not being there since I've never done a lightning deal before? Thanks!

Looks like you can pre-order this now:

Black Friday 2011 Bundle: LittleBigPlanet 2 Special Edition and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

$199.99

This item will be released on November 25, 2011.

QUOTE]

Whoo Hoo! It was out of stock when I tried to order it earlier but it is now back in stock and was able to order it!

Oh my gosh, the pre order price from a seller is now $599.99 with almost $18 shipping. Seriously dude, good luck with that.:D

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B005XT33NY/ref=nosim/gottadeal-20

Amazon hasn't really had anything for me lightning deals wise the last few days....I'm thankful because my wallet could use the respite, last year was ridiculous. Maybe I'll check out cheap blurays tomorrow when I've gotten some rest.

p.s. I think my mother will kill me if I am here when she gets back from dinner but I really don't feel like driving to further away Walmart.

Question:

I got in on the lightning deal for the xbox, at least that's what it says on my invoice, however... I still have not been emailed a promo code. I do have prime so I already have the xbox, just wondering if I should be concerned about the promo not being there since I've never done a lightning deal before? Thanks!

If it's any kind of encouragement, mine has shipped and I haven't gotten a notification on the credit either.

i clicked on the $199 40" TV AS SOON as it popped onscreen and BAM yeah it went to checking deal to sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH like they had 3 of them to sell or what?!

\

Same thing here. Sounds like the Kindel fiasco from last year.

Oh well, wasn't meant to be for me to buy a tv this year. Screwed up a lot on black Friday items this year.

i clicked on the $199 40" TV AS SOON as it popped onscreen and BAM yeah it went to checking deal to sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH like they had 3 of them to sell or what?!

My computer just went crazy....amazon screens kept opening up one right after the other...Had to restart my computer. Glad I got a good deal yesterday.

what is the chances of getting one if your on the "wait list" normally when I am on the waitlist it shows me how many is in front of me but it just says your on the waitlist and not what number I am. And how long should I wait?

I *think* you can end up waiting an hour. Two days ago I would have said your chances were good. But after my experience with three items today, being on a waitlist is only aggravating - didn't get a single item. It probably does depend on what the item is/where you are number wise on the waitlist.

oh I am SO MAD I have sat here and sat here waiting on that waiting list. I kept looking in cart etc. nothing there going back to deals page it still showing I was on waiting list etc. it JUST poped up "your time to claim this dead has ran out" It didnt give me a chance!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!