HELP Me decide CHI or INSTYLER??

QVC has a killer deal on a volumizing CHI, supposedly would be around 200.oo if you bought elsewhere (if you could, but only this model at QVC) ? Please give me your opinions. I need volume and have an inverted bob.

Thanks Hurry please, it is a TSV on QVC

The normal price for instyler on QVC is around 100.oo so the price really isn't a factor.

I don't have either but I probably wouldn't buy the instyler unless you can return it. I say this cause I wanted to get one and a coworker had one and brought it in and I was too uncoordinated to use it! ha But she does great with it! I have a Chi Straightener and love it (know your talking about a different one though).

I don't have either but I probably wouldn't buy the instyler unless you can return it. I say this cause I wanted to get one and a coworker had one and brought it in and I was too uncoordinated to use it! ha But she does great with it! I have a Chi Straightener and love it (know your talking about a different one though).

i DON'T think you are that uncoordinated, I've read comments online that people have trouble using the instyler, that it is easier to have someone else use it on you--we that's not an option for me...LOL

The one they show is free s & H and it is supposed to be one that gives your more volume and has ceramic and titanium I believe. I'd have until Jan 31st to return.

I need my hair straight but I need a little volume underneath (not the poker straight look)

So far --with this cut, I have bought 2 flat irons, one brand I can't recall--it didn't work well at all, returned it and now I am using some 35 dollar Revlon one, results ok...but could be alot better.

Thanks for your advice CHI -1, Instyler -0

I own THREE Chi's in different sizes. One I have had for 6yrs with no issues. I have tried the instyler at my salon and I think I could get it after alot of work...I just don't have the time a patience to deal with the work part. And I feel its more for longer, curly hair Edited by mom2monkiesx3

I won THREE Chi's in different sizes. One I have had for 6yrs with no issues. I have tried the instyler at my salon and I think I could get it after alot of work...I just don't have the time a patience to deal with the work part.

LOL I just sent you a PM asking for advice...so you love/like the CHI ?

Some of description on QVC says:

With curved edges, this iron helps you easily achieve a multitude of glamorous styles--it can straighten and smooth; create curls, waves, and flips; and add beautiful volume.

The included metallic thermal pouch serves as a storage bag, counter protector, and stylish clutch. A set of three professional hair styling clips make sectioning and styling hair easy.

Who is it for: Anyone looking to achieve smooth, shiny, amazing hair, right at home. This iron is perfect for all hair types--thin, medium, thick, or coarse.

Why is it different: A digital temperature control allows you to easily set the correct temperature for straight hair in one pass based on your hair type--lower heat settings for fine hair; higher heat settings for thick hair. The iron keeps a consistent temperature with a 15-second recovery time for added ease of use. And, it's incredibly durable. In a clinical study comparing CHI Smart titanium plates to another popular styling iron that uses ceramic plates, the CHI Smart titanium plates were found to be more scratch-resistant and durable.

So it seems most other Chi's don't have temperature controls-- but the part about the curved edges? I'd think they'd all have that to protect hair...so why point that out?

I love my chi, but that's all I have ever known. That is all my hairdresser will use as well. With the cheap irons you cannot get close to your scalp. I don't see how this "volumnizing" Chi is any different then the others though honestly. All mine are curved like that. I think the main thing to remember when styling with a straightener is the LIFT up not pull straight down. I think people consintrate too much on the straight part and not the lift part. And with an inverted bob the only way to get GREAT lift is to go old skool and back comb your roots ;) Also remember after lifting your roots with a straightener and backcombing that your FINGERS are you friends...don't comb or brush your hair into place, use your fingers :)

BTW I'd get the printed one...too cute :) Oh and the Chi probally gets ALOT hotter then your current one so be careful...mine all have the felt on the outside, not so sure I'd want just plastic on the outside but like I said this is all I have ever known

Does your cheap straightener have curved edges..with kinda that bigger barrel? If so I am not sure besides the plates being better for your hair that this will be any different for volume..the reason the Chi' CURVES is so that it makes you LIFT your roots before pulling it straight....that is what creates the volume..that LIFT at the beginning...does that make sense? And yes all my Chi's have that curved barrel.....this is a great price for a Chi in general though