Best Buy Unveils Additional Black Friday Doorbusters and Details on Movie Event

bigjimslade

Best Buy Unveils Additional Black Friday Doorbuster Deals; Details on Free Exclusive 9 p.m. Black Friday Harry Potter Screening

Best Buy Black Friday Shoppers to be Entertained Before

Midnight Store Opening by Free Screening of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2"

MINNEAPOLIS (NYSE: BBY) Nov. 14, 2011 - Best Buy today will reveal another series of Black Friday Doorbuster deals via Facebook and Twitter with a link to www.bestbuy.com/doorbusters. The advance look includes a fresh selection of blockbuster deals that will be offered in-store and on BestBuy.com on what is typically the biggest shopping day of the holiday season.

Best Buy also announced that it will entertain waiting Black Friday crowds with a free, exclusive big-screen, out-door viewing of the blockbuster film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, at select store locations nationwide. The film will be shown beginning at 9 p.m. local time at these locations, for customers who are waiting in line for the retailer's first ever midnight opening. For Black Friday shoppers, Best Buy has combined the convenience of a midnight opening with hot deals on must-have CE products, unique entertainment events and other incentives to help make shopping even more fun and hassle-free during the busy holiday season.

"Black Friday has increasingly become an event, a ritual for so many," said Brian Dunn, Best Buy's CEO. "And this year, Black Friday doesn't start the day after Thanksgiving, it starts the minute after Thanksgiving. At Best Buy, we're thrilled to be there for our customers as we give them an early preview of doorbusters, reward them with gift cards and entertain those in line with an outdoor screening of the final Harry Potter film. And we're ever so grateful for our employees who sacrifice to be there for our customers when they need us to be."

Black Friday Doorbusters

Best Buy continues to reveal its Black Friday Doorbuster deals early with a Facebook post today followed shortly by a tweet to @BestBuy and @BestBuy_Deals Twitter followers. These highly sought-after offers will be available for purchase earlier than ever-starting on Thursday, Nov. 24 on BestBuy.com and in-stores at 12 midnight on Friday, Nov. 25.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2" Screening Details

Approximately 120 Best Buy stores in select markets nationwide will offer customers waiting in line on Black Friday an exclusive big-screen, outdoor viewing of the blockbuster film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

The outdoor screening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 will begin at 9 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Best Buy will offer snacks and refreshments for shoppers beginning at 8 p.m.* leading up to the cinematic event. To learn which Best Buy stores will feature movie screening experiences in your area, visit www.bestbuy.com/blackfridaymovie.

For additional details on Best Buy's Black Friday events RSVP visit Facebook at http://bbyurl.us/BF

Best Buy Eases the Stress of the Season and Provides Consumers a Series of Compelling Holiday Offers

Best Buy edges out the competition this season with a series of hot holiday offers aimed at taking the stress out of holiday shopping. Stocked with the hottest gifts at great prices this holiday season, Best Buy's broad selection is enhanced by a robust service-oriented experience in-store and online ensuring customers can buy with confidence.

Free Shipping: From now through Dec. 27, Best Buy will offer free standard shipping on all items purchased on BestBuy.com. Unlike some retailers, no minimum purchase will be required and free shipping will apply to the more than 400,000 items like computers and accessories, gaming software and hardware and even appliances sold at BestBuy.com -with no exceptions -- for the eight full weeks leading up to and immediately following Christmas Day.

Same-Day Store Pickup: Customers who want their gifts without delay can order their choice of products on www.bestbuy.com and conveniently pick them up at their local Best Buy store for free in as little as 45 minutes.

Ship-to-Store: Order items from an expanded online assortment and have them shipped free to a local store for easy pickup.

Easy Returns: Best Buy takes the hassle out of holiday returns. Recognizing that sometimes the perfect gift may be a duplicate or not quite as perfect as the giver intended, Best Buy's return policy has been extended for purchases made this holiday shopping season. Gift purchases can be returned or exchanged-with no exclusions -- now through January 24, 2012. For the holiday season, Best Buy also has removed its restocking fee entirely, including no fees on special orders.

Price Matching: Best Buy customers will enjoy unbeatable prices on hot consumer electronics - guaranteed - this holiday season. Best Buy will match its retail store competitors on any identical available product for sale now through December 24, 2011 (November 24 Thanksgiving Day through November 28 Cyber Monday excluded). Best Buy customers who make a purchase during those dates also will have the peace of mind that, should Best Buy or a local retail store competitor reduce the price before January 24, 2012, Best Buy will match the new lower price - just let us know.

About Best Buy Co., Inc.

Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY) is a leading multi-channel global retailer and developer of technology products and services. Every day our employees - 180,000 strong - are committed to helping deliver the technology solutions that enable easy access to people, knowledge, ideas and fun. We are keenly aware of our role and impact on the world, and we are committed to developing and implementing business strategies that bring sustainable technology solutions to our consumers and communities. For information about Best Buy, visit www.bby.com and to shop at Best Buy, visit www.bestbuy.com.

# # #

Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy Retail Store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period. Perfect Match Promise products have an extended 60-day price match period. The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity,out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Outlet Center and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

*while supplies last

I don't think they are releasing any info that we don't already know if I read this correctly. Remember, this press release is geared toward people who "haven't seen" the actual ad yet. I think they are just revealing more of their ad.

I think you maybe right but I wanted to post it since it has movie event details.

I don't think they are releasing any info that we don't already know if I read this correctly. Remember, this press release is geared toward people who "haven't seen" the actual ad yet. I think they are just revealing more of their ad.

BB is playing it well this year. By leaking to the "don't already knows", they are keeping the buzz going to the masses. WM really laid an egg IMO just as BB is stepping up their game. Believe me, if BB can lure me back, they're doing something right.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we still don't know the price on things like the iPads and some of the TVs.

Edited by barc
my horrid spelling can only be tolorated 4 so long

When you click on the link of doorbusters it shows the 24" Dynex that 79.99 under the doorbusters that will be in store and online that is awesome it means I dont need to go to the store. Also glad my store doesnt have the movie even though a bunch of the BB near me do maybe more people with go to the one with the movie so that if i do decide to go to BB on BF my store wont be so crowded.

WOOO!!! No stores in my area are doing the movie. Yey! :yup:

I'm surprised the 179$ laptop is available online. I would have thought they'd have one laptop not available. I'd never do online ordering with BestBuy on Black Friday. I've heard of too many horror stories.

thunderbolt 4g wont be online :(, im hoping it still will be...i dont want to mess with the masses just for the phone haha...i mean if i can get it yea if not no biggie really lol...i think i can get everything else i want online....when do they allow premier silver members early access again?

Not sure which carrier you have, but do not ignore the deals in Walmart for the smartphones. I bought the Samsung Charge 2 weeks ago for $200, Walmart will have it BF for $98.88 and $100 off... comes to FREE. Samsung makes Iphones by the way (just learned that recently) Check the reviews, Samsung is the only phone that often beats Apple.

Good News.... 1) My Best Buy IS NOT DOING THE MOVIE..... 2) Additional deals that I was counting on :-)

BEST BUY IS GOING TO CRUSH THE COMPETITION THIS YEAR. Finally a company that realizes we are in a recession and knows to get money when thigs are tight, you have good deal. I am spending more than I intended at Best Buy this year because of their deals.

Good News.... 1) My Best Buy IS NOT DOING THE MOVIE..... 2) Additional deals that I was counting on :-)

BEST BUY IS GOING TO CRUSH THE COMPETITION THIS YEAR. Finally a company that realizes we are in a recession and knows to get money when thigs are tight, you have good deal. I am spending more than I intended at Best Buy this year because of their deals.

Additional Deals? Where? :gdlicklips: