Cricut advice

audrey06

I have the personal cricut. It cuts to 6 inches. It is great. I am hoping to upgrade this Christmas to the Expression 2. It cuts up to 12 inches.

I would suggest the Expression 2. Michaels and AC moore have them in their ad. Stay away from the Imagine. It is being discontinue plus you have to buy print cartidges. My 2 cents.

Menards will have the expression for $119

Expression 2 will be 198 at Micheals

Imagine will be 198 at Walmart. (There is NO discussion of it being discontinued. I intend to buy it.)

But that said, I had a personal cricut. upgraded to the Expression 3 yrs ago. LOVE it. I have no plans to sell it when I get my Imagine.

The Imagine being discontinued has been a widespread rumor. ProvoCraft has said it has NOT been discontinued, but that they have temporarily stopped making them as they have plenty in stock. They just released new Imagine carts within the last month. You also do NOT have to buy print (Imagine) carts. Any cart will work on the Imagine.

It depends on what you want to use the machine for. I have an Imagine and a Create. I love my Create machine as I think it is the perfect size to take to crops as I mostly scrapbook away from home. It is better than the original baby bug as it has some of the features the Expression does like cutting down to a 1/4 inch, flip, etc. If you have a Gypsy and an original baby bug you can do the same things as the Create though.

The Imagine is a very large machine and not ideal to take to crops. This is good to use at home. You can very quickly print out gift tags, cards, and other images for scrapbook pages. There is no need to paper piece the images together unless you want to.

The Expression machines are good if you don't want a printed image and would rather paper piece images together yourself. You can cut up to 12x24 inches. They machines can travel, but are pretty bulky. I don't have this machine, but friends have the E1 and E2. They both take theirs to crops and are fine with doing so.

• 2 weeks later...