Cricut??? how does it look?

jcarr492

I've been wanting a Cricut for a couple of years but I don't know much about them. I don't scrapbook, yet, but I do a lot of posters and signs and it would be great to not have to cut out a bunch of letters. Is this one good for that? Would it be better to get the one at Michaels, the Cricut v2 for $200, regular $400? The only problem is I might not be able to make it to Michaels when they open at 4pm on Thanksgiving. If this one is discontinued can you still get cartridges for it? Thanks!!

It is the Imagine machine, not a regular one. ProvoCraft has stated they are NOT discontinuing them, but have for now stopped production since they have so many in stock. They just announced new cartridges for the Imagine in the last month. You can use any Cricut cartridge in the Imagine machine. If you use the Cricut imagine carts you can print and cut. If you use any of the other cartridges you can cut the images like you would normally do on any Cricut machine. I have heard you can fill in colors on the regular Cricut cart cuts, but I haven't tried that yet. This is a great price on the Imagine for a real store. I got mine a bit cheaper off eBay a while back, but I think prices have climbed a bit on there recently. If you go the eBay route make sure you buy from an authorized re-seller so you have the 1-year warranty. I had to send my first one back as the ink carriage did not work properly.

I have a regular machine and the Imagine. They both have their pros and cons. The Imagine machine is good for someone that scraps at home a lot, wants to easily print out images and not paper piece items together. It is not good for taking it to crops as it is very large. The mats are kind of a pain right now as they are not that sticky. ProvoCraft is reformulating the adhesive on these mats and the new ones should be released anytime...soon I sure hope!