How Do Newspaper Facilities Receive Sale Advertisments?

f1rstclass

Does anyone know this question? I will be willing to be that the newspaper printers don't actually print the "big-dog" ads such as Target, Wally, etc.

Just wondering if anyone had any insight on how the newpaper people receive these ads to insert on Turkey day.

Thanks!

In general the newspapers do not print the ads, they arrive preprinted. When I used to work retail we received our papers and our 'insert packs' at the same time, but as seperate items, and we had to combine them.

I am sure before home delivery the newspaper combines them... used to be by hand... they might be automated now.

I'm sure each store is different but I know someone who used to work at the facility where they printed the WM ad and the security was CRAZY. They were searched at the end of shift and had to sign non-disclosure agreements, etc. If I recall correctly, it was printed in October then but with technology advancements, I'm sure it's not printed until closer to release now. It arrives at the newspaper sealed in black plastic and they agree not to open them until the day before circulation.

When I worked for Kmart, I had the BF ad 4-6 weeks ahead so I could make sure inventory was ordered in time for arrival. I have no idea if that's they way they do it now of if it's all electronic.

I used to work for Sports Authority almost 10 years ago and remember looking at ads that were printed 3 weeks before they were to be released. During my 7 years at EB Games/Gamestop, we did not receive the BF ad until the week before it was to be released.

I used to work for Sports Authority almost 10 years ago and remember looking at ads that were printed 3 weeks before they were to be released. During my 7 years at EB Games/Gamestop, we did not receive the BF ad until the week before it was to be released.

That is because EB does not trust its employees. it is quite clear in theire employee manuals, too, they don't hide their distrust.

That is because EB does not trust its employees. it is quite clear in theire employee manuals, too, they don't hide their distrust.

I have to agree with you. There is a great deal of info I can tell you about the inner-workings of EB Games/Gamestop; however, I think that may be for a different thread.