Skylanders Question

Hi!

I have a quick question. We currently have a Wii, but are getting an Xbox for christmas. My boys really want the Skylanders game, but I am wondering if I should pick it up for the Wii or Xbox? I know the graphics are way better on the xbox, but i just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Michelle

I bought mine for the wii, but not for a reason related to graphics. In our home, the wii is in the living room. My ds13 has the 360 in his bedroom. I wanted the Skylanders game so the whole family could play. Since the 360 is in my ds bedroom, it made sense to get it for the wii. Another factor was this game is up to 4 players and our 360 only has 2 controllers, but we have 4 for the wii.

In our house, no video games are allowed on school days, so by the time the weekend gets here, we're all ready to play together, thus another reason to go for the wii. Hope my insight helped a little bit:)

My DS has both systems, and when he put Skylanders on his Christmas list he wrote for Xbox 360 in big bold letters. He doesn't play his Wii much at all, though. If I bought the Xbox 360 system for Christmas I think I would get them the game for 360.

I was wondering the same thing. We have a Wii but I got an Xbox for Xmas. I asked DS if he were to get an Xbox would he rather have Skylander on the Wii or Xbox. He said Wii so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. We don't have a Hastings so I guess I'll see if it goes on sale before Xmas. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, about 2 hours ago my oldest son asked for Skylanders stuff. I then posted in another thread that I was done shopping for my kids so he wouldn't be getting it. Well for the last 5 minutes I've been looking at the stuff...lol

So I have a question.

If I were to get my oldest this for his ps3 and also pick up the 3ds version for my middle son would they be able to play together? It says it's a multi-player game. I'd assume they'd have to be online?

Thanks

Okay, about 2 hours ago my oldest son asked for Skylanders stuff. I then posted in another thread that I was done shopping for my kids so he wouldn't be getting it. Well for the last 5 minutes I've been looking at the stuff...lol

So I have a question.

If I were to get my oldest this for his ps3 and also pick up the 3ds version for my middle son would they be able to play together? It says it's a multi-player game. I'd assume they'd have to be online?

Thanks

The 3ds version is actually a different game, more of a platformer. My kids play multiplayer on the wii version. The online aspect is through pc and is more of a beta very glitchy. But the console version is pretty fun even for adults. What I did is buy the starter pack for one child and an expansion for the other, plus a couple of 3 packs and the target exclusive because it shoots rainbows lol.

what is this one about rainbows, my daughter is getting it for the xbox for xmas so we haven't played it yet but my husband and I are looking foward to playing it also. What is an expansion pack? Guess I haven't done much research on what all this game does and has to go with it. Is it a guy that shoots rainbows?

We're really excited to see DS7 open his new Wii and Skylanders game for Christmas this year!!! He plays it at his friends' houses, so he already has an idea of which guys he likes. He wanted "Eruptor", but I couldn't find it anywhere!!! I was at TRU Express at my local Outlet Mall on Saturday and there it was, but they were charging $10.99 per figure!!! That's the highest I've seen anywhere. I picked the pack up and here Eruptor had a $7.99 tag on it. I took it to the register and the kid working there said they must have forgotten to relabel that one with the $10.99 price so I could still get it for $7.00. Whew! Now I have the guy he wants and the starter pack, but that's it. I figure he can save his money after Christmas to buy other guys he wants, and he has a birthday in April. Watch out for rising prices on those little figures though. I couldn't believe they wanted to charge me $10.99!!

The game is bearable with just the starter pack figures. The add ons provide new levels and new moves which makes the game rebeatable if that makes sense. I think I am going to stick with the starter pack and see if the kids have interest in bearing it again or not before I buy the add on figures.

The game is beatable with just the starter pack figures. The add ons provide new levels and new moves which makes the game rebeatable if that makes sense. I think I am going to stick with the starter pack and see if the kids have interest in bearing it again or not before I buy the add on figures.