Target netbook vs Asus Transformer Tablet with docking keyboard

We have been looking at the Asus Transformer tablet with docking keyboard for our soon to be 16 DS. We want him to be able to write his papers while out on the long trips with his varsity swim /tennis teams. By the time he gets home he has no time to transcribe (pen/paper) papers onto his computer to print for school, this way he types it up, loads on an sd card puts on desktop and prints.

I saw the netbook Target will have on Sunday and was wondering if something like that would be able to run a word processing program to do what we want.

Any help would be great on this.

Thanks

Yes racerfan it would be perfect.IMHO i wouldnt buy anything Asus.I bought both my kids Asus netbooks 2 years ago and within 6 months they both broke.We have since gotten them both Acer netbooks and they are awesome.Especially at $199.i paid $2 and change for theirs last Christmas and they work fine.My kids use them for school work music facebook even stream netflix through them.i even bought my self a acer laptop 6 months ago and love it.I fully trust the Acer name but again thats JMO.HTH.

There is a definite difference in the price but if the question isn't about price I would have to the Asus Transformer with the keyboard dock for a 16 yo. I can't say anything about the brand Asus because I have never owned one but everyone I've heard that has a Transformer raves about it. My DS11 has the netbook from Target since last year and it still works great.