Story: Free necklaces and shipping for holiday shoppers?

Brad

Hmm... I'd like to see a lot more 'Free Shipping' offers. I really think that if that was offered on Black Friday (or around) I think their sales could skyrocket - they could even offer it via coupon codes where not everyone would have/use the code, just select individuals (incl GD of course).

I do agree the shipping on that necklace seems a bit off, however, it seems like a decent deal imo, as long as the quality is okay - it could fulfill a lot of folks last minute gifts where they have a $25 budget. Heck, I'd like one. :)

Hmm... I'd like to see a lot more 'Free Shipping' offers. I really think that if that was offered on Black Friday (or around) I think their sales could skyrocket - they could even offer it via coupon codes where not everyone would have/use the code, just select individuals (incl GD of course).

I do agree the shipping on that necklace seems a bit off, however, it seems like a decent deal imo, as long as the quality is okay - it could fulfill a lot of folks last minute gifts where they have a $25 budget. Heck, I'd like one. :)

totally agree. Unless I absolutely need something I usually refuse to pay shipping, now if there's a coupon to offset it or more I'll consider it. I semi agree with the necklace, $24 isn't bad if it's real amethyst BUT unless they have a huge picture where I can see EVERY detail I'd probably skip it too. There's nothing I hate more than a nice looking piece of jewelry with a gold/goldtone clasp or chain etc.

The necklace isn't worth $250. I'm a beader, and I can buy a strand of that kind of amethysts at any reasonable bead store for less than $20.

I'm not saying that $25 including shipping isn't a nice price for the necklace... I would easily pay that to not have to fuss with making it myself. But just don't believe that you are wearing (or giving) a two hundred and fifty dollar necklace.

One of my biggest pet peeves is a ridiculously inflated "regular" price, just to call a realistc price a "sale".

Edited by aeraen
cuz I ALWAYS have something else to add

The necklace isn't worth $250. I'm a beader, and I can buy a strand of that kind of amethysts at any reasonable bead store for less than $20..

Totally agree with you. The retailer is making a PROFIT from the $25 shipping. Not loosing money. I don't have anything against them making a profit, but I just wish they would be honest about it.