Kids' Odd Gift Requests

pogiporkchop

About 15 years ago, my then 9 year old son with Asperger's asked for a cow. His mother and I, found him a stuffed cow, which still sits on his headboard next to his teddy bear. And every year since someone (sometimes all of us) have managed to work a cow into his gift. The best so far was the year we picked up a bunch of matching small stuffed cows, and stuck one with each gift he got.

My youngest is on a nutella kick. She wants the biggest jar I can find.

I don't know where you're located,but at only ONE WalMart in town (we have 3),there is an extensive International Aisle with brands from all over the world.

There is a brand called Dobrova (I think it's from the Czech Republic?) but they have a chocolate/hazlenut swirled spread just like Nutella but way cheaper. They also make a plain hazlenut spread. Every time I find it in stock,I buy at least 6 jars because everyone loves it.

DD9 asked fr a case of donuts this morning from the donut shop. lol

DS6 always gets a box of slim jims in his stocking every year. he's an addict 

When he gets a little older, you can help him make his own. It's so much better than the prepackaged stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/Nesco-American-FD-80-Square-Shaped-Dehydrator/dp/B00179DCCQ/

http://www.amazon.com/Just-Jerky-Complete-Guide-Making/dp/0965357201

I don't know where you're located,but at only ONE WalMart in town (we have 3),there is an extensive International Aisle with brands from all over the world.

There is a brand called Dobrova (I think it's from the Czech Republic?) but they have a chocolate/hazlenut swirled spread just like Nutella but way cheaper. They also make a plain hazlenut spread. Every time I find it in stock,I buy at least 6 jars because everyone loves it.

Thank you- I will check that out!

But does she eat them TOGETHER? I have a step-cousin from Washington that moved down here and grossed us all out by eating PB and dill pickles sandwiches on a regular bases...she said all her friends/family up there ate them like that :yuck:

thats my favorite sandwich (i'm from IL though). I use the sandwich style pickles and add at least five to mine. It is good you should try it.

But does she eat them TOGETHER? I have a step-cousin from Washington that moved down here and grossed us all out by eating PB and dill pickles sandwiches on a regular bases...she said all her friends/family up there ate them like that :yuck:

Thankfully she does not. However, there are a few odd combinations that she does like.

thats my favorite sandwich (i'm from IL though). I use the sandwich style pickles and add at least five to mine. It is good you should try it.

I do not like PB in ANY version so I will pass :P

Thankfully she does not. However, there are a few odd combinations that she does like.

Its funny how I remembered that when you said it together LOL

My daughter is asking for something knitted from Mrs. Clause :eek:and a thank you note from Santa for the cookies with a list of the elves names:rolleyes:. In the past she has asked for a flag and flag pole a box of her own mail and a mail box for her room. She finally got her box of mail and I am trying to come up with ideas for the something knitted since I do not knit and don't know anyone that does.

My daughter is asking for something knitted from Mrs. Clause :eek:and a thank you note from Santa for the cookies with a list of the elves names:rolleyes:. In the past she has asked for a flag and flag pole a box of her own mail and a mail box for her room. She finally got her box of mail and I am trying to come up with ideas for the something knitted since I do not knit and don't know anyone that does.

See if you can find a craft show in your area, and get her a knitted scarf or something. I love the list of elves names!! Watch Rudolph and you may hear a few and don't forget the ones on Santa Claus is coming to town and all the Kringles.

You could buy a scarf on etsy.com