Best Buy problems last year with multiple lines

TazErase

That's exactly what I am trying to find out. When I called today they said they have never heard of that and as far as they knew their lines "were streamlined" for people to get out quickly and avoid standing in more than 1 line. I told them I can understand it's BF and there will be lines, but not multiple lines for people getting multiple items. If any of you have specific problems at a specific location please PM me so when I call I can tell them what locations are not "streamlined" as they claimed on the phone today.

@Taz same issue here, why not let folks with different tickets have just one line?

I think the idea is so that they don't have everyone with tickets waiting on a single line, I can understand the theory, but it doesn't work in practice when you have the same person standing on 3, 4, or 5 lines because they got more than 1 doorbuster to claim. They should try working out something to have the items moved to where they can get people out the door quick rather than have them go from line to line to line in the same store.

That's exactly what I am trying to find out. When I called today they said they have never heard of that and as far as they knew their lines "were streamlined" for people to get out quickly and avoid standing in more than 1 line. I told them I can understand it's BF and there will be lines, but not multiple lines for people getting multiple items. If any of you have specific problems at a specific location please PM me so when I call I can tell them what locations are not "streamlined" as they claimed on the phone today.

We complained so much about BF 2009 that they changed their lines for BF2010. Good intel is key, and we will ask our local manager what the deal is this year.

My BB puts most of the hot doorbuster items at the front cash registers in big, but separate piles. You walk up to the register with your ticket(s), they have a runner go get your stuff from the piles and bring it to you. In the meantime, the cashier is already ringing up anything else you've picked up. Of course, it's still a madhouse as the lines back up about the store waiting for the registers. There are at least two managers there to shepherd you off if there are problems over to a separate register for problems (credit card doesn't scan, ticket issues, etc). I have boycotted BB for the past two years and see no reason to end that boycott this year as their customer service the other 364 days of the year stinks.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried to take it up with the store manager?

My experience with Best Buy works like this:

1. Complain in the store first(constructively, and with tact). Most problems are settled in this manner.

2. Complain to Best Buy corporate and to community reps (on forums using private PMs)personally. Do not get involved with forum hacks who are there to confound and demoralize you.

3. Network with others who have similar complaints. Use your strength in numbers to show them that this is not an isolated incident.

4. Follow up at least monthly with your complaint.

5. File a complaint with the BBB in cases where no resolution is expected. Use networked friends to file complaints as well(where warranted, not frivolous causes). Not for line issues, but actions of employees.

6. Deal with new Manager, as Best Buy can and will fire bad Managers who are caught in unethical situations. Check every 6 months for personnel changes.

7. Praise stores who perform well and uphold store policies. Report the good to corporate, as they need to hear this often neglected side of the consumers voice.