? - have to use cc at sears to get sales price??

ellen

I went to Sears yesterday. They had a diamond necklace that I wanted to put on their lay a way. I was told the 50 percent off sale was only if you use your sears charge. I offered to pay in cash then instead of lay a way - but was told the sale was only if you used the charge card (I do not use charge cards, got into trouble with those years ago and now am a cash or lay a way only person). Is this legal to only give sales to charge customers. this happened in new hampshire. thanks for any help....

I went to Sears yesterday. They had a diamond necklace that I wanted to put on their lay a way. I was told the 50 percent off sale was only if you use your sears charge. I offered to pay in cash then instead of lay a way - but was told the sale was only if you used the charge card (I do not use charge cards, got into trouble with those years ago and now am a cash or lay a way only person). Is this legal to only give sales to charge customers. this happened in new hampshire. thanks for any help....

Unless the ad specifically said you had to use a cc, I would have asked to see the manager.

yes, the store ad did say in very small print "when you use your sears card". It just does not seem right to me though, that everyone can not get the sales price.

I was out shopping for my christmas present - dh likes me to pick out a nice piece of jewelry every year - I mean, the store lost out on a 500 dollar sale (the necklace was 1,000 full price).

Well, you could try this. I hate credit cards myself, I always feel so in debt when I have a balance.

Open a sears account, maybe they give a bonus discount for that, and then, go to customer service and pay off the balance right away with your receipt.

From another NON-CC user I know how you feel. We recently moved to CA...and I can't even get on my husbands bank account because I don't have a credit card. He had a atm/visa card for our old account but that bank only issues one per account...so I don't have one...so I can't get a bank account. Sorry you missed out on the sale.

Well, you could try this. I hate credit cards myself, I always feel so in debt when I have a balance.

Open a sears account, maybe they give a bonus discount for that, and then, go to customer service and pay off the balance right away with your receipt.

Maybe she's like me and afraid to even touch another credit card. I had over 24 at one time. :gd_stars: