Skype and Webcast - I need help and volunteers

bigjimslade

I need some help from some of you. So we want to make the webcasts more interactive and use skype so people can call in. Sometime this week in the evening is anyone willing to play around on the webcast with me and skype and call and talk to me? There are several methods and I want to see what works best.

Let me know if you want to do it and what day. I will have the chat room open so people can watch and give input.

Big Jim

I believe Skype where they can call in with a phone number costs money where the regular Skype is free. Maybe have some people with knowledge of Skype also be in forums, or post instructions in the forums of HOW to set up a Skype acct. and get into the chat.

I believe Skype where they can call in with a phone number costs money where the regular Skype is free. Maybe have some people with knowledge of Skype also be in forums, or post instructions in the forums of HOW to set up a Skype acct. and get into the chat.

Looks like a number to have people call in would only be $18 for 3 months, which is fine. That would be easiest as everyone could just use their phone. We wouldn't use Skype for chatting or anything - it would just be a way for Dev to take calls live on our regular Ustream webcast/chat.

Just looked a lil' into this myself. I think with the free Skype account ya can only make/recieve calls to and from other Skype accounts. Ya can set it up so other people using Skype can call in or starting at $18 for three months ya can get a Skype online number for land line folks to call in. That'd be just long enough to last until after Black Friday.

There's some online tutorioals on how to set things up in Ustream with Skype or anythin' else BigJim wants to try out.

Using Skype with Ustream

Please just make it clear where the webcast will be whether on Skype or Ustream. I just got a Ustream acct. so hopefully I'll be ready on the 22nd regardless of which you use.

everything will be on ustream as usual. we'll have an actual phone number to call in to. skype is not needed at all by anyone but bigjimslade. all the skype stuff will be behind the scenes.

IMHO, I think the webcast/call-in radio show was a smashing success! Nice to hear what some of y'all sound like. The only down side is the huge lag between the call and the video, but that's Ustream's fault. Just remind people that when they call in to turn their 'radio' down. ;)

This should be really fun on Saturday when there are more people in the chat room. See ya Saturday!

Going to be the best webcast to date. It's 1 thing to tell what people wrote as questions but much better if they can call in and ask the questions. Going to probably have to keep repeating yourself telling them to lower the computer volume though. For those that do call though it is not much different then talking on a phone. Can't wait till Saturday night, hopefully there will be a few new ads before then but I think it's still too soon for the really good ads.