Ideas for Games at Christmas Parties?

brynnfromtheblock

this might be a fun thing throughout the party. tell everyone to bring a gift ,anything but like 5 dollar minimum so everybody will do it.then as they come t the party give them a ticket( you can make them or buy them at the craft store.) then throughout the party every time you ring the bell or something a number is called and that person gets to pick a prize for that hour.

This is a little different but sort of similar to iiiisx349's idea. You can have everyone bring the gift (and I would set an amout, like $5 or $10 gifts just whatever amount you want). And again everyone draws a number. However you all sit in a circle and put all the gifts in the middle. First you call number 1. They get up and get a gift. Then you call number 2. They have the option to get a gift from the pile or to steal #1's gift. You continue this until you get all the way through the numbers. Then you go through and everyone that is left without a gift (b/c theirs was stolen by someone else) goes and choses another gift from the pile. Then once everyone has a gift we like to change it up and tell everyone to pass their gift to the person to the right. Or pass them 2 to the right or something like that. We always do this at my grandmothers every X-Mas. It's funny to watch people stealing gifts from others.

:g_laughin

this might be a fun thing throughout the party. tell everyone to bring a gift ,anything but like 5 dollar minimum so everybody will do it.then as they come t the party give them a ticket( you can make them or buy them at the craft store.) then throughout the party every time you ring the bell or something a number is called and that person gets to pick a prize for that hour.

i never heard of that one, sounds fun

• 2 weeks later...

How about that new 20 questions game it is a blast hubby and I stood in the aisle in Toys R Us for nearly 30 minutes playing with them. Have everyone take turns thinking of an object and watch as everytime this game guesses it. Your guests will have a blast. It is so neat how this thing reads your mind. Our 8 and 11 yo will definately be getting the pocket size in thier stockings and santa may bring mom and dad the tabletop version too. Target has them on sale this week 25 for the tabletop version.

Mandy

TX

:g_clap::bunny::g_clap:

This is a little different but sort of similar to iiiisx349's idea. You can have everyone bring the gift (and I would set an amout, like $5 or $10 gifts just whatever amount you want). And again everyone draws a number. However you all sit in a circle and put all the gifts in the middle. First you call number 1. They get up and get a gift. Then you call number 2. They have the option to get a gift from the pile or to steal #1's gift. You continue this until you get all the way through the numbers. Then you go through and everyone that is left without a gift (b/c theirs was stolen by someone else) goes and choses another gift from the pile. Then once everyone has a gift we like to change it up and tell everyone to pass their gift to the person to the right. Or pass them 2 to the right or something like that. We always do this at my grandmothers every X-Mas. It's funny to watch people stealing gifts from others.

:g_laughin

We have played that one at several parties and it is always a hit. And it works with all ages.

You could also have various family members purchase some gifts wrap them and play 20 questions with the gift. The gifts could be anything and good for different age ranges.

If there are some musicians in the family you could play a version of the old game Name that Tune, just play Christmas music.

At a lot of baby showers they play a game where they put a clothes pin on you and then you can not certain words like baby or cute. If you say it then someone hearing you takes the clothes pin. Maybe change it so people could not say gift.

A version of pictionary- you could make cards with Chrismas related items and divide the group into two teams. Make sure the kids get to draw and quess too.