White Christmas Tree?

stacyk9

I've been wanting to get a white Christmas tree for quite a while now and I think I'm going to bite the bullet this year! I'm thinking red ornaments. Just wondering if any of you have a white tree and what color ornaments you decorate it with. Pictures to share? :holiday07

Hm.... I once had see a photo in a magazine with white Xmas tree. It was a very modern look . Coworker and I had discuss this in depth . That look in the magazine only works in a very modern home with alot of glass and leather furnishing plus the aluminum frame look. The look in the magazine: White xmas tree with mix of pure black and white/black mixed ornament. Love the look but way too modern for us normal folks.

We have had a white tree for a few years now. Every year we switch the color scheme. My favorites so far have been red and clear lights, with red and gold decorations, and last year we did black and shades of blue. I'll try to get a few pics of the different designs. Not sure what we are doing this year.

We have a white tree. It came pre lit with like 900 white lights. I hate white lights! Dh (with a little of my help) took colored lights off other strands and replaced every light in our tree! So now we have a white tree with colored lights and love it!

Wow! Great idea on you dh's part. It sounds so beautiful :)

I finally found a white tree on clearance last year after Christmas! I've wanted one for so long but there are never any left after Christmas. I also found a bunch of ice skater ornaments 75% off at Macy's last year (my daughter is an ice skater) and I bought every single one of them, most of them were red & white I think. So that's what we are going to put on the tree this year. I'm very excited because I've always wanted a white tree but just didn't want to pay full price for it when we already have a tree that there's nothing wrong with.

I agree and feel same way, I'd like a white tree but also not thinking dear husband would like it at all :( Yours sounds like it will be gorgeous.

I think If I ever get one I'd try red & gold decorations with red and white lights, or teal, kiwi, silver decorations with maybe all clear or light blue lights... Since i am not a fan of white walls, and my rooms are all colors, I know having one white tree would really brighten up my living room and stand out, they can look very very classy!

I finally found a white tree on clearance last year after Christmas! I've wanted one for so long but there are never any left after Christmas. I also found a bunch of ice skater ornaments 75% off at Macy's last year (my daughter is an ice skater) and I bought every single one of them, most of them were red & white I think. So that's what we are going to put on the tree this year. I'm very excited because I've always wanted a white tree but just didn't want to pay full price for it when we already have a tree that there's nothing wrong with.

Do this an an addition to your regular tree....make on from nylon netting! I did smaller versions years ago, you can do table size but a friend actually did a full size one. You cut nylon net in strips wide enough to start the bottom and then thread wire through them to gather into a circle. These are place on a wooden dowel of the size you want. Keep cutting strips each a little smaller than the bottom on and then stack them onto the dowel. These can be quite pretty and you could probably even twine little white lights among the layers.

My younger sister, when she first moved out of our parents home and had her first apartment, had a white tree. Her style is very minimalist and modern and she decorated the tree with clear lights and white and clear glass ornaments. It was beautiful. I looked on my computer and don't have the photos of it on here, but I will keep looking for them. I'm pretty sure the photo's are still prints in albums since it was so long ago, though! :giggle:

My mom has a small (tabletop-size) white tree, and she decorates it in royal blue and white: some are ball ornaments, but she's slowly accumulating the REAL ornaments she wanted-- University of Kentucky items! Kentucky basketball is a big thing in our family, LOL... And although I was skeptical about a white tree, I must admit that the blue does show up MUCH better on that tree than on a green one! I have a feeling she'll soon be wanting to change over to a white tree for her small John Deere themed one, too! ;)

So, if you have a sports team or brand-named item(s) that have a bright color scheme to them, try using those colors-- and you may already have small items around the house that you can use as "ornaments" instead of (or in addition to) colored balls! :D

I saw this white tree and loved how it was decorated, although it could use a few more gingerbread and cupcake/candy ornaments, just had to take a picture at Kmart so I could post :)

If I had a white tree I'd decorate it like this. OH GOODNESS it is huge, if a moderator wants to resize pic go ahead, sorry.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=c2fd69c833&view=att&th=1334a6d0ad5b1c17&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1383914356302938112-1&zw

I have two white trees - one goes in my dd's room and is decorated with hot pink, turquoise, and lime decorations. It is so pretty. The other one is used in our living room and is decorated with dark purple ornaments. I LOVE a white tree...I think they enhance ornaments better than a traditional tree. :D