Amazon Lightning deals

Needs a deal

What buys do you think will be the best on amazon?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What buys do you think will be the best on amazon?

• Blu-ray movies, regular or deluxe sets
    • Tv on dvd series
    • Video games
    • Video games *consoles*
    • Electronic devices

There are lightning deals every day, for many different types of items. For the Black Friday LDs, they'll release a schedule sometime the week before Thanksgiving showing the Movie/TV lightning deals the week of Thanksgiving, that way you know what will be on sale. They just won't have prices until the day of the deals (maybe the day before). They also have lightning deals for other items the week of Thanksgiving/BF, but the best deals, as well as the largest quantity of deals, are in the Movies/TV department.

I know last year I missed out on a bunch of the Walmart dvds as I was too late. Came home and by 6am Amazon had EVERY one of the Walmart dvds at the same price or better. So this year I will buying all my Dvds on line in the comfort of my own home

good to know I missed a bunch to because none of the employees knew where to send me for them

good to know I missed a bunch to because none of the employees knew where to send me for them

Most of the store employees really don't have a clue where to send you, or don't care by the time the store opens. You need to do your own check beforehand or ask for a map if one is provided. Not all Walmarts are created equally. Depending upon store layout, the pre-loaded pallets could find their way to uniquely different parts of the store. One Walmart had the movies located near the checkout lines. Another had them near the entrance-way, opposite of the food section. It used to be that some employees intentionally placed pallets in wrong locations to heighten the "Fun factor" for them, but since the stampedes became more common and subsequent tragic death, this has not been a prevalent issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I know last year I missed out on a bunch of the Walmart dvds as I was too late. Came home and by 6am Amazon had EVERY one of the Walmart dvds at the same price or better. So this year I will buying all my Dvds on line in the comfort of my own home

This is one of my reasons 4 Wm,but if can get online, how does that work. Do they come out at the same time?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so bummed :(...looks like Thanksgiving is not at home this year which kills my shopping plans. I have already explained to my dear mother that if it's not possible to be back by 8pm then I'm not going. Thankfully she understands and figures it will be a late lunch so 3-7ish(which I'm not totally loving) which means I can get some shopping done beforehand and still be at walmart for 10pm opening.

I can only hope that since SIL has been on medical leave they'll have some BF plans of their own and not make it the usual drawn out night. I JUST don't understand people who pay full price for stuff.

I'm so bummed :(...looks like Thanksgiving is not at home this year which kills my shopping plans. I have already explained to my dear mother that if it's not possible to be back by 8pm then I'm not going. Thankfully she understands and figures it will be a late lunch so 3-7ish(which I'm not totally loving) which means I can get some shopping done beforehand and still be at walmart for 10pm opening.

I can only hope that since SIL has been on medical leave they'll have some BF plans of their own and not make it the usual drawn out night. I JUST don't understand people who pay full price for stuff.

You could always tell the family that you need to run out for something and you'll be right back :D

Amazon is pacific time, so you should have time to see if WM has the dvds you want. But I would check all BF week because Amazon usually has week-long deals on movies, etc.

Thank you, I've put the dvds/blu-ray movies I like in my cart. So will the sales on tvs be live on Wed midnight? or Thurs midnight? Really hoping they PM the BB ad and hoping for a good bundle on a tablet.

Thank you, I've put the dvds/blu-ray movies I like in my cart. So will the sales on tvs be live on Wed midnight? or Thurs midnight? Really hoping they PM the BB ad and hoping for a good bundle on a tablet.

Last year already having the items you want in your cart did not work. You had to click on the Lightning Deal link to get the LD price.

The DVD's were lightening deals in years past so you'll need to spend a lot of time on the computer. With the early openings of the B&M stores, I'm not sure what Amazon will be doing but they had some of the deals that the B&M stores had last year all during BF week, not just on Friday. I think the Ipod w/ gc was one. Anyway I would keep checking, especially next week. If they do have "doorbusters", just remember that they will come online 4 hours later. They should have a good tv deal. Another online store to check is Buy.com (you can use your Amazon account to check out through their store). I got a good deal a couple years ago on my son's tv.

Last year already having the items you want in your cart did not work. You had to click on the Lightning Deal link to get the LD price.

The DVD's were lightening deals in years past so you'll need to spend a lot of time on the computer. With the early openings of the B&M stores, I'm not sure what Amazon will be doing but they had some of the deals that the B&M stores had last year all during BF week, not just on Friday. I think the Ipod w/ gc was one. Anyway I would keep checking, especially next week. If they do have "doorbusters", just remember that they will come online 4 hours later. They should have a good tv deal. Another online store to check is Buy.com (you can use your Amazon account to check out through their store). I got a good deal a couple years ago on my son's tv.

Thank you. I've put the amazon app on my phone. Hopefully I can be made aware of the sales that way.