Proposal to set up Block Captains for Gottadeal line reports

jaymacfla

How many people would be willing to do line reports?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How many people would be willing to do line reports?

• Yes! I would love to help! I'm a real outgoing person!
    • No, I just want to shop. I am way too shy!
    • yes, but only if i don't actually have to talk to anybody!

At last night's webcast, someone mentioned how much they liked the idea of a webcast from the line. This idea has been brought up before, but as technology gets better we now have reliable Wifi connections to give reports on the fly.

Here is how it would work:

All interested parties would chime in by 10/14. Official Gottadeal Line Reporters would do static line reports(one particular location) or be roving reporters to give their updated impressions of line activity and events that happen at multiple stores. Brad could decide the "Official" reporters based upon region, in order to keep the stories even along each time zone. Each official Reporter would receive a cap with the GD logo or similar design. Brad would determine need and number of Reporter given assignments. All you would have to do is tell Brad why you would make a great Block Captain.

1. Your tour of duty would commence on the 14th of November.

2. Your tour(should you last that long) would end on 5PM on Black Friday.

3. You would promise to keep spreading the good word of Gottadeal out there, and to interview people with any device you can in order to get the most in depth coverage Gottadeal has ever witnessed. (Camera, camcorder, phone, etc)

4. Frequently post using applications or Wifi connections. It is up to you to plan ahead in this matter and know where these places are.

5. If you are in a static line, or plan to be in one line only let Brad know this in your entry. He may pick as many static line reporters as he would roving reporters.

6. Tell us what you got, and what others got as well, including any difficulties or altercations(not you, you are representing Gottadeal)you encounter in your observations.

7. Most of all, have fun!:)

Brad, let us know what you think.:spit::D

Edited by jaymacfla

If you are inside the store you need permission to take photos and interview people. Most news agencies who want to do Black Friday stories and interviews contact the company's press office to get premission.

Wouldn't you need like Walmart's or any other store's promission to "interview" shoppers?

Wouldn't you need like Walmart's or any other store's promission to "interview" shoppers?

not as an individual. You are not a member of the press. those rules do not apply. This will mainly be outside, but if you care to do this, many do every year without incident or trouble. I have done this for years informally. People film all kinds of stuff. You won't believe how many people enjoy a little attention. If they don't want to give you their time, there are hundreds of shoppers who will!

If you are inside the store you need permission to take photos and interview people. Most news agencies who want to do Black Friday stories and interviews contact the company's press office to get premission.

Jim, most shoppers that just happen to have a camera, pocket cam, or smart phone are not hassled by store security or employees. The people selected here need to know that they are not members of the press corps who are bound by certain regulations. This is just a suggestion to get people excited about Gottadeal and the season ahead of us. Think of them as an under cover agent for Gottadeal then, if you will. "Fred, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it".......Superchicken

This is a cool idea. My area doesn't get crazy for BF, so it'll be nice to hear about the fun from people instead of media. The media always shows the same scary video and makes BF shoppers out to be crazy people.

Regarding inside the stores, security and store employees can ask you to stop taking video and photos. It most likely won't happen on a crazy day like BF, but just be aware that there is a possibility.

It's an interesting idea. I just don't know if we'd get the number of volunteers it would take to make it truly useful. That's asking a lot of someone during an already busy time.

But if people are interested in doing this work, post here and let us know and we'll go from there based on the level of interest from prospective "captains"

It's an interesting idea. I just don't know if we'd get the number of volunteers it would take to make it truly useful. That's asking a lot of someone during an already busy time.

But if people are interested in doing this work, post here and let us know and we'll go from there based on the level of interest from prospective "captains"

Sounds like an extremely fair evaluation on the situation. Every year, people are wanting reports, now this is their chance to give back to the forum in kind, and have fun in the process. I do not believe that any other forum has had official designee s, but the threads on reports are very vibrant with interest and activity.