digital camera

I know nothing about digital camera. I want to purchase one. I would like to get this at best buy as l have a $100.00 gift card. I need something easy. Price about $200.00. I was told to look for recharagable batteries, 4x optical zoom,4 M.P. Perhaps a cannon, olympus, kodak. But l am open to al suggestion as l really don't know anything about this.Can anyone help me.

Judyagent

Whatever you do, don't look at Kodak. They are tempting, because of their features, but they rarely take as nice of pictures as their competing Canon, Nikon, and Panasonic cameras.

The Canon A520 sounds like a great fit for you. It's compact, 4x optical zoom, 4mp, and it takes 2 AA rechargeable batteries. A lot of cameras that take rechargeables need 4 AA batteries, so you have to carry twice as many spares.

I would go to the store if you can and check them out. I bought a Canon PowerShot a few months ago from Best Buy.

I agree with mrn8, Kodak's aren't the best when it comes to their digital cameras. I've had an Olympus and a Canon now and both I highly recommend for point and shoot digital cameras. :)

Whatever you do, don't look at Kodak. They are tempting, because of their features, but they rarely take as nice of pictures as their competing Canon, Nikon, and Panasonic cameras.

i would agree with u but i just found a kodak z700 that i really like. i have already tested it and it comes our really clear. my niece has a kodak not sure of which model but its a 3.2 mp and its horrible. i have a canon powershot a300. its nice but im ready for a better one with more mp and more zoom