Walmart- HP Pavillion Computer w/ 15" LCD - $588.00

TexasHandly

I was wondering the same thing. I know all about the $398 desktop and laptops. They both have AMD Sempron chips, which are just not what I was looking for. I need a desktop with more power because I have a digital camcorder, and I like to do video editing and burn my videos to DVD. If anyone has any specs on the $588 desktop, please enlighten us.:confused:

I was wondering the same thing. I know all about the $398 desktop and laptops. They both have AMD Sempron chips, which are just not what I was looking for. I need a desktop with more power because I have a digital camcorder, and I like to do video editing and burn my videos to DVD. If anyone has any specs on the $588 desktop, please enlighten us.:confused:

the sempron should be fast enough for simple photo and video editing. Remeber, modern semprons are either rebaged Athlon XPs, or some version of an Athlon64 with features removed

the sempron should be fast enough for simple photo and video editing. Remeber, modern semprons are either rebaged Athlon XPs, or some version of an Athlon64 with features removed

If it is an Athlon 64 with features removed, how can it be as good? Currently I have a 4-year old 1.70ghz Pentium 4 w/256mb ram. When rendering an hour-long edited home movie into NTSC standard, it can take several hours. I suppose the latest Sempron will do it faster than my current machine, but will I end up wanting to upgrade again within a few months? Since the Sempron is on a different chipset than the new dual-core Athlon 64s, wouldn't I have to upgrade the motherboard too? I built my current computer, but I'm too lazy to build another one, and I was hoping I could find a pre-built one with a good processor. And an included LCD flat-panel monitor wouldn't hurt either.;)