Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

So far it looks like most stores are equal when it comes to a PS3. Walmart and Target have the same bundle. I have a Target Red card so that's an additional 5% off which would cover the sales tax here in WI.

Walmart opens at 10pm but the ps3 doesn't go on sale until midnight so it means just sitting around longer to get it. Walmart did have a wireless printer though.

I'm kinda wishing Amazon would have a comparable bundle.

I've never bought video games on bf. I see where a couple stores are showing Forza 4 on sale but it's for the xbox. Will they have it on sale for the ps3 also?

They may have the PS3 too, but it will be specified in the ad. The Xbox may be pictured, but right underneath they will have "PS3 also available" or something along those lines.

DS11 and DD6 asked for a 3DS for Xmas. I thought maybe DS if I found a good deal on BF, which there aren't. I thought no for DD right away because she lost my DS Lite (just found it tonight) and I heard its not good for young kids eyes. But, you should have seen her little teary eyes when I told her she couldn't ask Santa for a 3DS. Broke my heart. My kids aren't that spoiled. They only get "big" gifts for Xmas. I don't want her to be ungrateful but I also don't want her disappointed Xmas morning. I don't know what I should do...

DS11 and DD6 asked for a 3DS for Xmas. I thought maybe DS if I found a good deal on BF, which there aren't. I thought no for DD right away because she lost my DS Lite (just found it tonight) and I heard its not good for young kids eyes. But, you should have seen her little teary eyes when I told her she couldn't ask Santa for a 3DS. Broke my heart. My kids aren't that spoiled. They only get "big" gifts for Xmas. I don't want her to be ungrateful but I also don't want her disappointed Xmas morning. I don't know what I should do...

You can play the regular DS games on the 3DS and its not in 3D. If you decide to buy the 3DS, you could buy the regular DS games until you thought she was ready for the 3D games.

Technically I gave her my DS Lite. Its pink and I even got a Princess case for it. She didn't know where it was for about two months and I said why should you get a 3DS when you don't play or even know where the DS Lite is? About 20 min later I heard her yell from under her bed "I found it!". Lol. She said she was going to play with it and show me she was more responsible so she could ask Santa for a 3DS. Lol

the price is dropping again in Japan (for holiday deals) so maybe another price drop soon in the USA?

I was hoping. Haven't seen many deals in the ads so far except for a couple of bundles. Maybe there will be more to the Walmart BF ad. I really want the Zelda edition for DS. I also heard there is supposed to be a pink 3DS released Dec 10th.

My middle son is getting the 3DS this year. About how many games should I get to go with it? So far I've picked up 4 and he'll probably get a few from family this year. Just want to make sure he doesn't get bored.

You should be good to go with 4. My DS wants the new Mario and Zelda for the 3DS if that helps. How old is he?

My middle son is getting the 3DS this year. About how many games should I get to go with it? So far I've picked up 4 and he'll probably get a few from family this year. Just want to make sure he doesn't get bored.

I would think 4 would be a good number to start with. Which ones did you get?

You should be good to go with 4. My DS wants the new Mario and Zelda for the 3DS if that helps. How old is he?

DS13 loves the 3D Zelda that came out not long ago. Heads up in case you don't know....there are 2 Mario games coming out. One this month Super 3D Mario land and Mario Kart in December.

Four is plenty to start with, especially if one is the Zelda, it will take time to master... Plus there will be new games all year and he'll probably find some older ones as time goes on that friends will tell him about.

What is this EA Season pass I saw on the GameStop ad?

Did a search and found this:

http://www.easports.com/seasonticket

Looks like you acess it through xbox live or Playstation network

What is EA SPORTS Season Ticket?

EA SPORTS Season Ticket is an all-new program that offers subscribers full digital access to five EA SPORTS games three days before launch, 20% discount on downloadable content, free premium web content and membership recognition displayed in-game and online. EA SPORTS Season Ticket has a one-time cost of $24.99 or 2000 MS Points for 12 months. EA SPORTS Season Ticket creates a better gaming experience for our consumers and benefits the EA SPORTS fan who wants to play early, play more and play better.

The games I picked up already are: Wipeout 3D, Super Monkey Ball 3D, a puzzle one Amazon had on sale, and Tom & Jerry. He loves Tom and Jerry cartoons so hopefully he'll like that. He's 9. He doesn't seem to like much of the Zelda type games. I'll have my mom pick-up a Mario game and my FIL Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. My son loved that show, even the re-runs that were recently on. He was dissapointed when he didn't see it on anymore. The next "gift time" would be maybe a game in his Easter basket. His birthday isn't until October so I just want to make sure he has enough til then.

The games I picked up already are: Wipeout 3D, Super Monkey Ball 3D, a puzzle one Amazon had on sale, and Tom & Jerry. He loves Tom and Jerry cartoons so hopefully he'll like that. He's 9. He doesn't seem to like much of the Zelda type games. I'll have my mom pick-up a Mario game and my FIL Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. My son loved that show, even the re-runs that were recently on. He was dissapointed when he didn't see it on anymore. The next "gift time" would be maybe a game in his Easter basket. His birthday isn't until October so I just want to make sure he has enough til then.

Is the Tom & Jerry and older game? My son has one and hates it cuz its too hard, he's 11 and beats other games after about a week. Just FYI. :)

Ok I asked DS and he said he has that one and he beat it and it's boring. Lol. The super hard one was a Gameboy Advanced game.

I think I'm going to get him a GameStop gift card also. He said he wants the Worms games because he sees my dh play the computer version. lol But those games are $35 and $28 on Amazon but only about $8 each at GameStop used. Then he can pick them out.

My son just informed us that he wants a game system. He says a PS3, but he has a PS2 now so I wonder if that is the reason. They do not use it to get online or anything. I am wondering if the Xbox 360 is a better system. He is 13. he mostly plays football and baseball games and hunting/fishing games.

I have heard great things about both systems so I am just curious. It seems to me that XBox 360 is cheaper and they have them on sale this Saturday at Walmart.

If he plays baseball games, the PS3 might be better for him just because of MLB The Show, the clearly superior baseball game this generation, exclusive to Playstation (since it's made by Sony).

Ok my son wants:

Bayonetta (currently 29.96 at Walmart), God of War 3, (26.54) I don't buy him games often, so don't know prices really well, would any of you expect me to find either of these games significantly cheaper by BF or Xmas....

Since these are older games, you might check Gamestop's used or Amazon Warehouse if you don't mind giving those as gifts, PS3 games are blu-ray so scratches aren't a big issue. I know Amazon Warehouse is great with their "Like New" games and usually way cheaper for older games. They also reseal the games, so it's literally like new. Edited by Foladar

Did a search and found this:

http://www.easports.com/seasonticket

Looks like you acess it through xbox live or Playstation network

What is EA SPORTS Season Ticket?

EA SPORTS Season Ticket is an all-new program that offers subscribers full digital access to five EA SPORTS games three days before launch, 20% discount on downloadable content, free premium web content and membership recognition displayed in-game and online. EA SPORTS Season Ticket has a one-time cost of $24.99 or 2000 MS Points for 12 months. EA SPORTS Season Ticket creates a better gaming experience for our consumers and benefits the EA SPORTS fan who wants to play early, play more and play better.

Ah much thanks. Not really worth it then I think

If he plays baseball games, the PS3 might be better for him just because of MLB The Show, the clearly superior baseball game this generation, exclusive to Playstation (since it's made by Sony).

I agree as you can also play the Japanese Baseball game (Pro Yakuu SPirits) on the PS3 which is far superior than MLB the Show IMO.

Edited by JohnnyLaRue