Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

I did not know they have stopped carrying lites in stores. I am glad mine still works...I've had it since 2008....I got a DSi in 2010...still have my original DS that I got for Christmas in 2005.....looking to get a 3DS as soon as they come out in Pink or that purple they took a picture of at E3 last year.

No deals this week for video games for me....hoping next week will bring me the latest professor layton game at a good sale price....that's really the only DS game I want. I'm not sure, since its so new, that it would even be a game offered for a great price on BF. They usually offer cheapy games and not the newer ones, for DS games..that's why I am looking to get games before or right after BF.

can anyone find the new Zelda for the Wii to preorder?

Are you looking for the Zelda Skyward Sword in the collectors edition or standard edition. I pre-ordered DS13 the collectors edition at Gamestop along with the collectors edition strat guide. It is still showing you can still pre-order on Gamestop website in both copies, or at Amazon in standard edition. The collectors edition comes with a gold Wii Remote Plus controller, A special music CD featuring orchestral arrangements of select songs that will be performed at The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony Concert.

Edited by Kim3498

We LOVE it! When we first got it, it was the most highly played game for a while! I DO recommend this game!

Thanks, I really listen to your opinion (i see your posts and you like stuff I like alot ;) ) But what system do you have it in? Xbox or wii ?

Does it seem to matter? I always hear people talk and say, this game is better in this system, that game is better in that system... Never sure what to get. Thanks

Ok I need help with advice on NINTEDO DS games, the child I am buying the gifts for likes the type of games where you use microphone to make characters/things happen in the game--and for all I know they could all do that, but besides the Dora Puppy one that I know for sure does this, can anyone recommend some fun games where you "talk to" the DS ? Please help...

Ok I need help with advice on NINTEDO DS games, the child I am buying the gifts for likes the type of games where you use microphone to make characters/things happen in the game--and for all I know they could all do that, but besides the Dora Puppy one that I know for sure does this, can anyone recommend some fun games where you "talk to" the DS ? Please help...

I grabbed my DS expert ;) dd10. Here's her list of her fav games like this:

• Cooking Mama
  • Hamsters Life
  • Petz Nursery 2

Thanks, I really listen to your opinion (i see your posts and you like stuff I like alot ;) ) But what system do you have it in? Xbox or wii ?

Does it seem to matter? I always hear people talk and say, this game is better in this system, that game is better in that system... Never sure what to get. Thanks

Thank you!

We have the Hasbro Family Game Night for the Nintendo Wii.

As for whether games are better in one system or another - I can't really answer that question. The Xbox is my sons' and I don't really play his type of games.

Can anyone tell me if I should take in some used games to GAMESTOP now? or is there a better time?

These games are NOT any kind of super popular or 60 dollar games that'd get me some really good offer, but I'd like to get as much as I can for them. Is there a better time to trade them in?

Don't they want to have some stockpiled for the big BF sale they have on pre-owned games? Please help.

Can anyone tell me if I should take in some used games to GAMESTOP now? or is there a better time?

These games are NOT any kind of super popular or 60 dollar games that'd get me some really good offer, but I'd like to get as much as I can for them. Is there a better time to trade them in?

Don't they want to have some stockpiled for the big BF sale they have on pre-owned games? Please help.

Last year we traded in games when they would run specials offering an extra $5/$10/ or percentage if you traded in 3 or more. I did it several times over a few months. The week after the new Xbox w/kinect came out they had another special offering an extra $20 if you traded in 4 games and got an Xbox w/kinect. We went back traded and also traded in DS old Xbox and with all the credits ended up getting the new Xbox 250gb w/kinect for an even trade actually had $.30 left over:D

DS got a much better trade in value at Best Buy. He said he was insulted by what GS was offering, lol.

DS got a much better trade in value at Best Buy. He said he was insulted by what GS was offering, lol.

When I was doing the trade-ins at Gamestop last year, BB had not gotten on the bandwagon to take trade ins. I have not checked them out to see what they would offer. I was quite happy with our trade ins since we got extra everytime I traded. I did not trade in unless there was a bonus.

Thank you both for suggestions, I don't have anything very valuable for a trade in...like a system, was just hoping for I don't know 20 bucks, I didn't know BB did that, Guess we'll have to stop there. Like I said these are not highly sought after games like COD or that...

but if I can have 20 extra bucks credit, and an extra 6-8 slots cleared out on the shelf for new Xmas ones then it'd be great..

Ok, I have to admit Wal-Mart is really tempting me with that pretty blue Wii for $99! I have been torn on buying a Wii for a long time, as I'm so backlogged on the games I have and there isn't TOO much I want for the Wii.

Be warned that from the ad it seems that blue Wii does not come with any games. So you will have to pony up more money for at least a game.

Thank you both for suggestions, I don't have anything very valuable for a trade in...like a system, was just hoping for I don't know 20 bucks, I didn't know BB did that, Guess we'll have to stop there. Like I said these are not highly sought after games like COD or that...

but if I can have 20 extra bucks credit, and an extra 6-8 slots cleared out on the shelf for new Xmas ones then it'd be great..

Amazon does trades too. Just type in the UPC and they will show you how much they will pay. Bad thing about Gamestop trades now they throw the cases away on some of the games :(

Thanks! :yup: Fortunately, already had a Gamecube and played it to death, gave it away some time back, so no biggie there. And luckily the games I want for the Wii are few in number, and most I think I can get on eBay cheap now. The two newer ones would be Skyward Sword and Fishing Resort.

I had been browsing eBay auctions for *forever* looking for a bundle with most of the older games I wanted at a good price, but since nothing great came up, safer going for a new system. I also have a lot of stuff I can trade in at Gamestop towards the Wii games. Speaking of which, really want to see their ad too...

For those interested in the 3DS, Europe is getting an absolutely drool-worthy Zelda LE one. :eyepoppin But sadly, seen no indication yet that we will. :no:

I preordered the one that comes with the gold wii mote on amazon, but they haven't had any left for a few weeks. It is also being shown in the Walmart black friday ad at 10.00 off for 59.99

Are you looking for the Zelda Skyward Sword in the collectors edition or standard edition. I pre-ordered DS13 the collectors edition at Gamestop along with the collectors edition strat guide. It is still showing you can still pre-order on Gamestop website in both copies, or at Amazon in standard edition. The collectors edition comes with a gold Wii Remote Plus controller, A special music CD featuring orchestral arrangements of select songs that will be performed at The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony Concert.

to have less clutter? or exactly why are they doing that?

So you mean if I now buy a pre-owned game from them it will be case-less?

I guess it is for less clutter. But if you buy any pre-owned DS game you will not get a case. There is some Xbox 360, PS2 and maybe PS3 games that only comes in paper sleeves. Have not seen it with Wii games yet. Just a reminder Gamestop also sells used iPods and iPhones now and tablets in some stores:rolleyes:

I preordered the one that comes with the gold wii mote on amazon, but they haven't had any left for a few weeks. It is also being shown in the Walmart black friday ad at 10.00 off for 59.99

Yeah, Amazon has been sold out for quite a while on the collectors edition. I noticed that Walmart had it BF, but I will save more with my power up rewards along with my discount on the strat guide.

Edited by Kim3498

I would suggest maybe unless you just like having a strategy guide for pictures or what not there is a site called gamefaq where gamers write walkthroughs for every game. That option is free. It shouldn't take more than a day or two after release for a walkthrough to be posted.

I would suggest maybe unless you just like having a strategy guide for pictures or what not there is a site called gamefaq where gamers write walkthroughs for every game. That option is free. It shouldn't take more than a day or two after release for a walkthrough to be posted.

Thanks for the suggestion, but he doesn't use them as spoilers or walkthroughs on his games. He just likes the Strat guides to learn about the characters and such.

Edited by Kim3498