sewing machine?

mabennett

Decent price = plastic crap. I have 4 machines, 2 that embroider. I use nothing but Janome. I paid 1600 for the one I have now and it's cast all the way through. I have the Quilters Companion, I paid 700 for it. I can't help with any of the cheap stuff, it's basically disposable since if it breaks, it's throwaway.

I sewed silk pillows and sachets for a wholesale mail order business for 11 years out of my home. I had 3 machines broke down at one time during the xmas rush. I have a memorycraft 5000 that I paid tons for and I wore the shaft out of it. Any machine you buy at walmart or any of those places is plastic and plastic inside. You get friction rubbing and they don't last long. Go to a Janome dealer, they have good deals this time of year. My Janome Professional 6500 was the floor model, It even cuts the thread. It has lots of embroidery stitches, but for the frame embroidery you need one of the embroidery models. I spent one xmas doing towel sets for everyone. The cartridges were 50.00 so you have to make them worthwhile.

good to know. i know NOTHING so any advice is appreciated:)

Janome.com is the web address. You can look at them. Janome used to be called New Home. All the sewing machine dealers around my area carry them. They are top of the line. SOme carry Bernina, but it's a more expensive brand.

janome dealer...never heard of it. i'll have to google it. i don't think we have one of those here. but i will look:)