Amazon Toy Discussion Thread

noehlp

Amazon Toy Discussion Thread

This thread is for the DISCUSSION of the toy deals in the main Amazon Toy Sale thread.

A) The Toy Deals for Amazon are posted: HERE

B) Ideas for discussion that DO belong in this thread: opinions of toys, other places to buy toys, Amazon.com customer service issues, etc

- Opinions of toys posted in the Deal thread are GREATLY appreciated! So feel free to post those in this thread!

Thank you for your cooperation, and happy shopping!

Edited by noehlp

:confused:

Gee Whiz - are these toys on cleaance for all of 10 minutes?? Every one has gone up to the original price now!

I'm very disappointed. How does the clearance price work? Is it always only for a short time then it goes back to the original price? Most clearance items that nkow of usually stay att he clearance price until sold out.

Just wondering...

I am so bummed everything i ordered from these deals i'm getting emails cancelling them :( this is the worse case i've ever had with amazon!

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #105-3018831-0654648. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Giddy-Up Rub-N-Color Mega Kit

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. However, this was our mistake, and we'll honor the incorrect price for one of the items you ordered. We're unable to honor the price for multiple quantities of this item. Therefore, we've adjusted the quantity of your order to "1". We're sorry for the disappointing news.

The correct price is listed on our website now, so if you'd like to place another order for more of this item, you can do so here:

I got it for all the stuffed animals and the my little pony too! :confused:

Amazon prices change by the minute....so you have to be fast with them...

So VERY true!

I am so bummed everything i ordered from these deals i'm getting emails cancelling them :( this is the worse case i've ever had with amazon!

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #105-3018831-0654648. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Giddy-Up Rub-N-Color Mega Kit

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. However, this was our mistake, and we'll honor the incorrect price for one of the items you ordered. We're unable to honor the price for multiple quantities of this item. Therefore, we've adjusted the quantity of your order to "1". We're sorry for the disappointing news.

The correct price is listed on our website now, so if you'd like to place another order for more of this item, you can do so here:

I got it for all the stuffed animals and the my little pony too! :confused:

:( While they had astonishing prices when the deals were posted, I have never seen them do that before on toy deals - that is weird, and wrong, imho. I am sure they will hear a lot of backlash about this. Not that it counts, but thankfully they didn't completely cancel your orders, but limiting you to one each is odd. I think they got overwhelmed w/ sales of the dirt cheap items - however it doesn't seem to have phased them in the past.

Fyi, I checked my email, and no cancellations for me - however I did only order one bear, one dog, and one Rub-N-Color Kit.

Btw, if everyone didn't notice, I did move several posts of discussion that were in the toy thread in the online deals over to this thread; where the belong.

Patty - Do we list Video Games in the Toy Thread or on their own?

Video Games can continue to go in their own separate threads as deals arise.

Is there any way we can make the Amazon Toy Thread in Hot Online Deals a sticky during the Holiday Season? Having it on the front page at all times would help people find it easier... I had to go to the 3rd page just to find it.

I second this idea :)

and I'm really surprised with all the "errors" you guys are posting happened. Seems really out of place for Amazon and hope it doesn't continue into holiday season.

ADD: I'm thankful everything I liked was different prices today as I really don't need anymore toys. I saved a few favorites to cart in case they drop again.

Edited by tinkrbel

I second this idea :)

and I'm really surprised with all the "errors" you guys are posting happened. Seems really out of place for Amazon and hope it doesn't continue into holiday season.

ADD: I'm thankful everything I liked was different prices today as I really don't need anymore toys. I saved a few favorites to cart in case they drop again.

I don't know WHAT happened with Amazon yesterday... and today the toys and a lot of other items are higher than I have ever seen them on there! Don't know if they got in new programers or what - but that was a MESS with the cancellations!

I got REALLY lucky - I had a $5.00 Gift Card credit in my Account - and was able to get a Teddy Bear for $1.75 for my youngest Grandson for Christmas and a Toy George Forman Grill for one of my other Grandsons (Whose Birthday is next week) for $3.25 - Total came to Exactly the $5.00 that I had... I have received shipping notices on both items - so I am keeping my fingers crossed,

We do post video games in the Amazon.com toy thread to answer 1 person's question.

Also sometimes it helps if you do not order 5, 10 or even 20 of something that is an awesome price. Not only is that greedy but if for some reason there was an error in the price they are way more likely to cancel an order. I'm not saying anyone here has done this, I just wanted to let everyone know for future reference!

I don't know WHAT happened with Amazon yesterday... and today the toys and a lot of other items are higher than I have ever seen them on there! Don't know if they got in new programers or what - but that was a MESS with the cancellations!

I got REALLY lucky - I had a $5.00 Gift Card credit in my Account - and was able to get a Teddy Bear for $1.75 for my youngest Grandson for Christmas and a Toy George Forman Grill for one of my other Grandsons (Whose Birthday is next week) for $3.25 - Total came to Exactly the $5.00 that I had... I have received shipping notices on both items - so I am keeping my fingers crossed,

You will probably get them since you only ordered 1 of each :) Good luck!

Ditto!! on the Thanks for the sticky Brad.......

I just recieved the order I placed yesterday morning...I ordered 3 bears/2 dogs and thats what I got.

Even after the email saying I would only get 1 of each.

I hope they send all of my Little Pony's too

That is Awesome that you got them all despite the emails! My fingers are crossed for you that you get the Little Ponies as well - those look really neat! :)

I just received the My Little Ponies I ordered.....all 4.

That was the limit set by Amazon.

Between the bears/dog's and these It's a good start to the Christmas giving season.....I know a few kiddies who will be very happy on Christmas morning, between my SIL and Toys for Tots and our Community Tree.....the bargains I can catch I share.

I just received the My Little Ponies I ordered.....all 4.

That was the limit set by Amazon.

Between the bears/dog's and these It's a good start to the Christmas giving season.....I know a few kiddies who will be very happy on Christmas morning, between my SIL and Toys for Tots and our Community Tree.....the bargains I can catch I share.

In these Hard Times - it is SO heartwarming to see someone like you that cares... SO many children will do without Anything this year because their parent (s) are out of work or can't provided - and SO FEW people that have even a little extra to help out SHOULD .. you set a Great Example for ALL of us - for watching good deals and perhaps bringing a smile to a child that would have had NOTHING come Christmas Morning! I am inspired - and I hope your message of TRUE Love and Giving of the Season reaches out to everyone! ♥

No need to have to get 25.00. Sign up for amazon mom , it comes with 3 months of free prime. I have been doing it 3 years now. When it expires I get another gmail address and sign up again. I have had prime 3 years now for free. I can order all that 1.00 stuff and have it delivered in 2 days.

I was able to do this last year..... What would be a good date to try and sign up again this year to be able to get in on all the christmas deals?

In these Hard Times - it is SO heartwarming to see someone like you that cares... SO many children will do without Anything this year because their parent (s) are out of work or can't provided - and SO FEW people that have even a little extra to help out SHOULD .. you set a Great Example for ALL of us - for watching good deals and perhaps bringing a smile to a child that would have had NOTHING come Christmas Morning! I am inspired - and I hope your message of TRUE Love and Giving of the Season reaches out to everyone! ♥

I bought for TOT's at the Target sale, we donate each year. Last year we brought a bunch and was filling up the box when people actually stopped and watched us load the box up, then a volunteer just happened to show up to empty the box and thanked us many times over, she said that the donations were way down compared to years past. My husband has been out of work for three months and not a good year for us but I still bought some, it makes us feel good.