There will be a new black friday ad to add this year - Target Mobile

mydizzy13

There will be a new black friday ad in the mix this year. There will be an ad for Target Mobile this year which is a whole different ad then Target itself. Target Mobile is owned by radio shack but they offer completely different deals deals than Radio Shack themselves. Radio Shack does not offer Tmobile anymore but the Target Mobile kiosks do. I know this because I work there and have already been told there will be a seperate ad and some amazing deals. That is all I know. You will have an ad for the sprint market and you will have an ad for the tmobile market. The kiosks all carry verizon, and att and then they either carry tmobile or sprint. They have been launched nation wide and did so in May so I am expecting some really amazing deals on phones. I am really excited!

I don't know anything about the BF ads, but just a bit of clarification:

Target stores subcontract operation of their in-store mobile phone kiosks to a firm called Kiosk Operations, Inc., which as mydizzy13 indicates, is a wholly owned subsidiary of RadioShack Corporation. Employees of these kiosks normally wear black shirts, instead of the red worn by their Target counterparts. Kiosk Operations, Inc. also operates free standing mobile phone kiosks in shopping malls.

Good. With the lack of customer service I have received from AT&T, it will be nice to see what the competition has to offer.

You and me both....Since I moved we have crappy reception and the batteries drain just sitting as the phones are trying to acquire signal. They want me to buy their microtower to get the service I already pay for. HUH?? Round two is about to occur and I'm asking to have the fees waived so I can port out.... Will be watching for some good deals on phones with other carriers...

• 3 weeks later...

I will try and keep you informed if I hear any more information. I am always asking questions and try to stay on top of what is going on. I know that they will be handing out slips for reservations to hold a phone for a certain amount of time for that price. It will be a first come first serve basis kind of like how best buy does it for the people that are in line. That way you can still black friday shop and come back later and get the phone.

To a response to the first reply. The Target kiosks are owned by radio shack and run by radioshack. They have nothing to do with any of the kiosks in the mall at all. They are run and owned by Radio Shack and nobody else. They are also the only ones that can offer Apple Care + to go along with any Iphone purchase. The only other places that can offer it are of course Apple and the coporate cellular stores. That includes Radio Shack stores and the Target Kiosks. Best Buy and any of the private kiosks can not sell it. Can't wait to start getting a hint on some of the deals.

I wish I could get a new phone :( We are planning on changing carriers when our contract is up but that won't be until next December 2012. I have had it with At&T even though we get a discount for DH job, we are moving.

When it gets close to BF you should call At&T and ask how much your cancellation fee would be. With only one month, or less, left on your contract it may be a very minimal charge.

When it gets close to BF you should call At&T and ask how much your cancellation fee would be. With only one month, or less, left on your contract it may be a very minimal charge.

Our contract won't be up until December of 2012:( I guess we will look to see what is out there next year on BF.

• 5 weeks later...
I can tell you right now that the Rhyme for Verizon will be free on black friday and the Thrill for AT&T will also be free at all Target Mobile locations. There might be more but that is what I know for sure at this time. They also have the Inspire for AT&T for free right now along with the Stratosphere for Verizon and the Galaxy S 4g for Tmobile. The Charge, Droid X2, Thunderbolt for Verizon are $49.99, and the Sensation for Tmobile also until saturday. I will keep you updated with anymore specials as soon as I find out. Oh one more thing they will be doing free activation for Verizon for any new contract with a smart phone or broadband device.