Christmas on QVC

Dlions720

Not really holiday related, but I do enjoy watching QVC for their sports shows. I haven't watched this year, but I like the NFL one on Mondays, and then after the Super Bowl.

As for the Christmas stuff, what do they sell, decorations, or gift ideas and such?

QVC has all sorts of stuff from decorations to lighted decorations to gift ideas and toys for kids to electronics and gourmet food which costs silly amounts. We kind of watch it to get interesting ideas and mock it. I just don't get how a $40+ cheesecake can be better than my moms and wouldn't spend the money to find out :P It'd be cool if they had samplings like at bj's or somewhere to see if it's really worth what they charge.

I have no idea what their called, I believe it's gourmet stuff but they have cakes and pies and crab stuff and all sorts of things in 2-3 easy installments of over $20 which we think is ridiculous. Part of me really wonders if it's worth the splurge and part of me figures it's a huge waste either way but we'll never spend the money on it.

It's a shock to me that with the internet age, that there are so many shopping channels. I'm not sure we need more than the big 3, but there are tons out there. I should have watched it though, because that is a good idea for gift suggestions.

I usually don't get suckered into shopping network, but if it's an informercial, than I am Mr. Sucker. Glad I don't have a credit card or else I'd own a lot of what they sell.

What were some of the good ideas for the QVC Christmas show?

Their food is great! My grandma always gets our turkey from there and it's amazing. She also gets a ham, but I don't like ham so I've never tried it.

When's the next Christmas show

Sent from my PG06100 using GottaDeal

Its actually Oct 23 & 24, they're doing a weekend thing. They do have christmas shows sprinkled throughout too, now that we're only a couple of months from christmas.

Thanks for the update. I didn't realize they were doing a whole weekend in October. SWEET!!

It think it's QVC the northern lights they are pretty a little pricy never have bought them anyone have any experience with them???

IIRC they are called Bethlehem Lights...their linens are called Northern Nights lol.

Their sales rep had said that most of Disney Worlds lights are made by bethlehem lights. You can buy tons of QVC merchandise cheaply on ebay fyi

• 3 weeks later...

My grandmother has bought some of the food items and so has my DH grandfather here and there. I can tell you from my own person opinion and that's all. The Prindables apples are good but way over priced. They only last a few days once you get them before they get soft :( We cut them up off the stick and share - you can't eat them like you would a carmel or candy type apple. Def. a waste if you are not having a bunch of people over to share with. If you have a good chocolate shop locally (we do here) I'm sure they make better ones than what the Mrs. Prindables are and they would be fresher too.

The Crab cakes from Chesapeake Bay Gourmet are not that great at all. Of course being from Virginia Beach I've had my fair share and am pretty picky :) I've had way way way better than these :( They are so small for what you pay for!! We buy crab meat at our grocery store on sale for $10 a pound and make our own that are better than these.

Kansas City Steaks - Same as the crab cakes - over priced :( I've had the Omaha Steaks sent to us before and they were better than the Kansas City. Our Kansas City were pretty small and the filets were not trimmed well at all, I still cut a lot of fat of of mine. We also had NY strips that had a lot of gristle.

We SENT a JR Cheesecake to a family member (had to buy for and no other ideas!) they said it was great, but I have not eaten one myself.