Need some suggestions for a good Convertible Car seat

ashtami

I have the costco alpha omega. It usually costs between $130-$150. There are some websites that have free s/h. I love this carseat because it will hold a child from 5lbs-80lbs. You will never have to buy another one!! Also, I have taken it apart to clean it and thrown the cover in the washer and it still looks new.

Try Epinions.com. Depending on your budget, the best seats made are by Britax. Evenflo Triumphs are some of the nicest ones as well if Britax's are too expensive (as they average $200+ usually).

I don't recommend the Cosco Alpha Omega's. Yes, you can transition them into the booster seat feature it has - but if you look at the reviews (and Consumer Reports), the safety ratings when they are in the booster seat phase are very poor. We bought our twins two Evenflo convertibles for $100 each. They stayed in those from 5 months until two years, then transitioned into booster seats (due to height) with five pt harnesses. The boosters were $50 each.

BabyAge.com has some good deals usually and price matches as well. They offer shipping on anything in their store for $5.95 as well and sometimes have coupon codes available. :)