Need ideas for Wizard of Oz...

amshal3

maybe see if you can find a balloon pinata.

you could give each girl a magic wand and give each boy a tail to pin on them for the monkeys

see if you can find a wizard of oz puzzle ansd start it and have the pieces on a table and i bet by the end of the night the puzzle will be put together

I guess you will need to find out which scenes she likes then decorate accordingly, like have a yellow brick road with red poppies or tulips can't remember what they fell asleep in, lining the entrance way into whatever venue you are using (house or rented space) then it could open up into Emerald city with everything shiny and green, or you can have the scene when she opens the house door and the house and little munchkin land. Ruby slipper cake, picnic baskets for decoration with the gingham tables cloth that match her dress. Maybe rent the costumes and just stuff them put them into corners or have people dress as the characters? 16 is abit more challenging than younger kids in the WOZ aspect, have the DJ dress like the wizard?

You could do over the rainbow stuff like a balloon arch lollipops and gold painted flower pots with those giant lollipops put in them sticking out of craft foam.

Whaooo, thanks everyone for your ideas.. Love the idea with the bubbles, I also thought of doing a yellow road for her enterance. I can't imagine giving a bunch of teenage pin the tail games.. I thought of doing emerald city but don't know where.. A friend also mentioned to me to do a candy bar with skittles, smarty, etc.. this also is a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I found these on ehow:

Create large lollipops by stapling the paper plates together and covering them with colored cellophane. Attach to a wooden dowel and place around the party area for decoration.

Create centerpieces by putting a plush Yorkie in a brown basket for "Toto" or just put a pair of red ruby slippers on each table.

Make a large banner to hang on the front door that says, "Welcome to the Land of Oz."

Read more: Adult Wizard of Oz Party Ideas | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7375449_adult-wizard-oz-party-ideas.html#ixzz1ZSAU4cLT