High End POD coffee maker for $50 ?

2chia

Maybe I am day dreaming about this. I would love to get one of those Pod coffee maker for $50 . Keurig would be nice but I seriously doubt it if I can get a brand new one for that price. I will consider all brand ( not Mr Coffee ) and need to have alot of choices of coffee variety. Prefer easy to buy store ( Target/ Sears / local grocery stores) . I am not considering Mr.Coffee brand ( don't have anything against it) but the person is my dad's boss and she is a VP in a huge company and well..... that wouldn't work.

If you see it online or at a BF ad let me know !! That $50 is the budget he give to work for and not include tax or shipping.... I have been looking on several sites so far no luck. Thanks in advance.

Oh that is nice... I like that ...... That is just the expresso right ? ( I am not a coffee drinker ) it doesn't come with other flavor. I will keep that in mind. I totally forgot about JCPenny. Shesh. Thank you

expressso is NOT the same as those coffee pods

I don't think I've seen one of those pod coffee makers for under $100

I know when I ask that question it might be a day dream.... I guess I will have to get that VP person something else then.

Not brand new but there are a few refurbished ones out there for as low as 55.99 plus tax+shipping. I'll post a few links in case you're interested.

ecost $55.99 33hr 22min left on deal.

newegg $59.99

BestBuy $62.99

I understand not wanting refurbished but in this case it could allow you to get what you want at a close enough price to maybe consider.

There's a brand new one on ebay buy it now for 69.99+15.60shipping. Not sure if price point is flexible at all. These are all the mini brewer single serves by keurig

I don't think those are the "high-end" ones the op is talking about, those are little mini ones. I understood the question as - can she get one of those nice full sized Keurig machines for $50. I'd hate for her to get one of those mini ones thinking it was the full sized one. I don't know if I'd give a refurbished gift to a VP especially when she won't consider a Mr Coffee.

I know I can count on you all to help me.. A mini one would help too, but the full size would be better. But, if I can't get the full size one I would settle for a min size one... Definately not Mr. Coffee... If I am into coffee, Mr. Coffee would do . But considering this person is like a high level person, dad say famous designer name BUT at a budget friendly price. LOL. The K brand is only one I can think of that you can buy the pod ( alot variety ) at a easy to get stores( grocery, Target, Sears, JCPenny.. Walmart) . If there is other brand , I will take into consideration..... Ick !! I don't think she wants another monogrammed item....

Do you know if she has one already or not? Many people have them in their homes, if so the coffee would be a nice gift. If she really likes coffee a coffee gift basket from Starbucks or somewhere would be a nice gift. A travel mug, a few bags of coffee, a $5 or $10 Starbucks gift certificate would make a great gift for an executive / VP.

To Conj : if I only got the pod, what happen if she don't have the machine ?

To Rockfordmom : I don't know if she got the machine . But, I figure with VP they can always use another cup of coffee. The GC to starbucks sound wonder. I am mailing the gift to east coast so... the GC might get lost but it is a great gift. What would you give as a Xmas gift to a woman VP ? Most of stuff she wants are probably out of my budget .... I had thought of the laptop case ( a really good one) but I would need to know what size is hers or if she got a laptop she travel with . She travels on business alot.

Dilemma!

A coffee gift basket or some other type of gift basket. That is a always a nice gift for an executive. Do you know anything about her? A chocolate gift basket or a coffee basket is usually a good choice. If she already has a pod coffee maker she probably wouldn't need another one.

Here's a couple ideas for you:

http://www.amazon.com/Starbucks-Coffee-Tazo-Tea-Collection/dp/B002Q6WX10/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1317093341&sr=1-2

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41noA4BIauL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Starbucks-Sonata-Mixed-Gift-Basket/dp/B00408GN40/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1317093341&sr=1-1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VMRcL3UvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

To Conj : if I only got the pod, what happen if she don't have the machine ?

She could buy her own machine... one that met her needs... it doesn't sound like she has a cash flow problem. I'd put them into a basket with a mug and some chocolate covered peppermint swizzle sticks.

• 4 weeks later...

This is why I was glad that they made a no gifts to superiors rule at my job. I always thought it was kinda silly to buy gifts for people who make way more money than you do that you only know from work. Can't he get together with a few others and pool their money? Also, I agree with whoever said that if she wanted one she probably already has it since she doesn't have a cash flow problem.

I have been wanting one for myself, but if I can't find a REALLY good deal for around $50 on Keurig (mini obviously) then I am gonna break down and get the Mr. Coffee single serve because I love the flavored k-cups. They have free k-cup coffee at my bank and I always get one when I go there.

This is why I was glad that they made a no gifts to superiors rule at my job. I always thought it was kinda silly to buy gifts for people who make way more money than you do that you only know from work. Can't he get together with a few others and pool their money? Also, I agree with whoever said that if she wanted one she probably already has it since she doesn't have a cash flow problem.

I have been wanting one for myself, but if I can't find a REALLY good deal for around $50 on Keurig (mini obviously) then I am gonna break down and get the Mr. Coffee single serve because I love the flavored k-cups. They have free k-cup coffee at my bank and I always get one when I go there.

Pooling the money wouldn't helped. She helped him get a job in the company where her company buys alot of items. They are the manufacture. BTW. somehow I missed the chance of buying that coffee maker on Groupon. Ick.... Still cross my finger that something will show... I think I am giving up on the Kuerig for $50...

My plan of action at this point is either hope for an awesome BF deal or wait until after Christmas to buy one cheap off Ebay from someone who got one as a gift that they didn't want. Whether it is the Keurig or some other brand I'm not paying more than $50.

One other suggestion I could make for the OP's dilemma, depending on the circumstances you could just get one for more $ and tell him you found a deal for $50 (that is, if you have the means to pay the difference yourself). I have been in similar situations with close family members and had to resort to this...lol

but if it were me in this specific case I would take the other suggestions about the gift baskets...

If you have a kohls card you can get it when they go on sale and then the additional 30% off, and maybe time it with the $10 cash back. Someone posted they got the b60 keurig that way and it was 60 before the cash back, so 50 in the end.

Ok... Thank you.. Is either find someone I know who who got Kohls' card of get the one from Marine exchange ( which I know my supervisor has )... Finally it is within my reach !!

Ick... Ok so I end up paying inlcuding tax at about $108... I noticed the one from MCX , the person wouldn't be able to program it.... One less thing to worry. Now is all GIFT FOR ME. $50 is a BIG dream... ( oh well ). Thanks.... I had big help stacking 2 coupons to get it down to 108.