New Orleans BF Shoppers

mflower25

From what I understand for both Baton Rouge and Lafayette, things have been busy for both places.

Baton Rouge has the Mall of Louisiana along with several other malls, and lots of shopping centers. Lafayette has the Mall of Acadiana and many shopping centers. Baton Rouge does have more options that Lafayette though.

Baton Rouge has two malls -

Mall of Louisiana:

Sears

JcPenney

Dillards

Foley's

McRaes - currently going out of business

Mall at Cortana:

Sears

Foley's

Dillards

JcPenney

Mervyn's

Steve & Barry's

We have two Targets and about a million Wal-marts - no KMart but there is one in Gonzales. 2 BB&B, 2 Old Navy, 2 Academy, 1 L&T, 1 Best Buy, 1 Circuit city, 1 Harbor Freight.

We also have about a million people fighting for spots in those parking lots right now. On a typical Saturday these days, expect it to take at least half an hour to get from one store to another on Siegan Lane. Everything seems to be picked over already and I'm hoping that they restock shelves before BF.

I was just at Lakeside today. Not all the stores are open but I'm sure the rest are racing to get ready for the Christmas season. Also, the TRU in Slidell is open and all the stores in the Slidell mall except for Dillard's (women's) is open.

I will stay in the Mandeville/Slidell area. Have fun!