Does anyone do an advent calendar w/ gifts?

fingerlakesmom

I have on that is cloth a snowman with little bags that are tied. My aunt did it for my boys the first year and filled them with change or little slips of paper that say gift #1 (usually 10 small ones for each boy) or good for candy etcetera.

I didn’t do it last year due to finances and while they are very tight again this year I would like to do it again as the boys missed it

So if you do, do it any idea’s I have 3 boys feel free to add to what I listed expand on my ideas or what ever.

THANK YOU!

I brought mine with me from Germany, fill it with candy ( left over from halloween,lol) Dec 6th the girls get a small giftbag with a litte toy in it. ST. Nickolaus Day. It is part of my tradtion and the girls look forward to stacking the calendar each year.

I have afound the chocolate advent calendars at several of the food stores in our area, I will say they do sell out quickly so look when they bring in the Holiday stuff. Safeway is one chain that I have bought from. You can also buy them online from specialty stores. I love the Playmobil one, also, you can refill it with different things each year. I did that with my daughter, inside of the playmobil figures, I put in earrings, hair clips etc. Lego makes a gift one too. It would be easy to make.....

I am waiting(impatiently) for the advent calendars to be available that are like the one on Christmas Vacation. The company who makes them also makes the moose eggnog glasses(too expensive for me,lol) but they are now taking orders for Christmas 2006. Bummer!!! The glasses are $324.00 for two. The only way I will EVER get those is if another company starts making them and selling them WAY cheaper.lol But the advent calendars are so cute.

I am waiting(impatiently) for the advent calendars to be available that are like the one on Christmas Vacation. The company who makes them also makes the moose eggnog glasses(too expensive for me,lol) but they are now taking orders for Christmas 2006. Bummer!!! The glasses are $324.00 for two. The only way I will EVER get those is if another company starts making them and selling them WAY cheaper.lol But the advent calendars are so cute.

I've never even seen one, only in pictures. I wanna buy one this year!!! I really hope I can find one for a good price up there in the US.

tati, can you buy on ebay and have one shipped to you in Brazil? I'm thinking the stock may be gone by the time you get here around Thanksgiving.

ebay has a pretty good listing of advent calendars. But, I have no idea what shipping to Brazil would do to the price.

Shipping to Brazil is rarely available, and when they do ship to Brazil, it's too expensive. In this case, it would be more expensive than the calendar itself...:(

I bought a Baby Born advent calendar for my friend's 4 year old. On the first day, you open a tiny baby doll, and each day after has some type of accessories. (bed, clothes, bottle, etc.) It is so cute! They moved out of state, so I am mailing it early so that she can enjoy her gift all month long.

That's sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!! I think my daughter would love it!!!