stocking ideas

timbermommy

Depends on the age..

For my kids, it's easy.. all three are toddlers, so Hot Wheels, easily chewed pieces of candy, and other little toys are easy to find at most stores. ;) I imagine all three will get at least one or two bigger things in their socks, like they will all get a doll or something. :)

When I was a kid mom and dad put mostly candy and a few small trinkets in there. I remember every year we got those Life Savers roll books...lol. But we didn't get candy very often. My kids on the other hand wouldn't be happy w/ candy(I know weird kids..huh). So I try to find little toys at the Dollar stores that fit.

I have 2 boys and bomb bags and poppers are always a hit. I like them because they are consumable and it isn't more little junk hanging around the house. My son is into drawing and painting so I think I'll get some brushes and tubes of oil paint. Chalk is always a hit also. If they don't have a chalk board they can use it on the sidewalk/street. Other things that I look for are small craft kits, card games, puzzles, art supplies, small sticker books, and disposable hand warmers.

Depends on who its for. For kids: little toys, candy, coloring books (roll it up then wrap it so it fits), crayons, stickers, card games, ect.

For adults: candy, lotion, razors, scratch tickets, travel sized shaving cream and candles. Stuff like that.

Yes, I forgot, we always put scratch-off tickets in the stockings too! I typically buy $5 worth for each of the kiddos. Unfortunately, nobody has ever won more than $2.

Another thing that you can put in the stockings for children or adults is an orange in the toe. A couple of years ago my family went to a reenactment of a Christmas in 1880. One of the things that Santa brought all of the children was an orange. He explained how in the old days, most people did not get citrus fruit very often and it was always a special treat for their stockings. We have followed this every year since then. Karen

dd is getting a watch, bubble bath, chap stick, stickers, lotion, and a cd so far

ds will be 1 year on the 20th and he is getting some cars, a DVD and a small football so far

dh is getting a small bottle of bubble bath, some lottery scratch tickets, a gift card to a restruant, gum, a football card he has been looking for and thats all I can think of so far

Melissa

I pick up little trinkets from wherever we have traveled to throughout the year to put in there, such as zipper pulls with their name and the place visited on them, a keychain, deck of cards, etc. I also will get special candies, but include one of the fun spin toothbrushes and tooth paste. Cute pencils and pens. Fun post-it notes. Lipgloss, perfume and earrings for girls, matchbox cars, mini puzzles, collector's cards for the boys. I also put a BMG gift certificate for all of them in there. These are great because they can trade the certificate in for a cd of their choice and don't have to pay shipping or anything! I also keep my eye out all year, and if I see something cute that will fit in the stocking, I get it!

Well, actually it started in our house, because we have 5 children. So we didn't always splurge on the cutesy toothbrushes and fun toothpastes. So we would put the fun ones in there as well as Easter Baskets at Easter. We figured, they get a ton of candy, so promote good dental habits with it! They love getting the special toothbrushes and toothpaste a couple of times a year! And they look forward to it believe it or not.

Guest Deals4Me

I always liked the orange in the stocking, (other than being one of my fave fruits,) because I really like how it sorta signifies that we should be grateful for the simple pleasures in life...

p.s. I love scratch off cards! My mom in law won $10 from us last year.

So funny - a dollar coin (Susan B. or Sacajewea) , then the orange. A new tooth brush, then the rest of "breakfast." My kids don't get sugary cereal very often, so we get those packages of little boxes and divide them up. We also go to my mil's for brunch later so this keeps them going until they can get some real food.

Then it depends on the kid. Marker sets, small journals, lip gloss, army men, small lego sets, sox, playing cards or small games, etc. My middle daughter gets her expensive face cleanser, the oldest gets make up, youngest daughter gets a couple toys, middleschool boy gets a HUGE bottle of the hair gel he uses. Then I pour kisses in to fill up the "gaps."

When I was a kid mom and dad put mostly candy and a few small trinkets in there. I remember every year we got those Life Savers roll books...lol. But we didn't get candy very often. My kids on the other hand wouldn't be happy w/ candy(I know weird kids..huh). So I try to find little toys at the Dollar stores that fit.

I remember getting those as a kid also. My parents would put all kinds of toys, ponytail holders, barettes, fruit, and nuts in our also. My mom made the best stockings!! They were almost better than the gifts.